Chapter Eleven

*Luke's P.O.V.*

Who the hell was that guy that had Maddie? I thought as I walked down the street. I got out my phone and called the house. "Hello Luke." Maggie said. "Hey Maggie. So Maddie is with this kid who lives at 931 Hill St. Can you look at something to find this person's name?" I heard Maggie take out her laptop. "Alright, well this person personally to me is very cute." Maggie said in a serious voice. "Maggie!" I yelled. "Alright, alright. So this guy's name is Ashton Irwin. Well that's it Luke, nothing else on him." Maggie said disappointed. "Damn it." I said under my breath. "What happened when you got to his house?" she asked. "Well, this Ashton guy wouldn't let me talk to Maddie. So, I tried to get to her and he pushed me and well..." My voice trailed off. "Luke." She said angrily. "Well I kind of punched him a little too hard on the face and he passed out. Then Maddie came out and kicked me out of the house." I said. "We'll talk more when you get home Luke." She said then the line went dead.

*Maddie's P.O.V.*

After a while his hazel eyes fluttered open. "Hey, what's going on?" he asked dazed. "Hey, babe. You're fine, Luke's gone." I said putting my fingers though his blonde wavy hair. "What? You mean that kid that came here earlier?" he asked. I nodded. He tried to smile at me but flinched. "What the hell." Ashton said. "Well Luke hit you pretty good. So you had to get these." I said brining his hand to his cheek. "What the hell?" he said putting his hands on his eyes. "It's alright Ash." I said kissing him. He lifted one of his hands and touched my face. "Now we both have scars." I took his hand. "I love you." I said. "I love you too." Ashton whispered back.

We sat on the couch for what seemed like hours and continued to watch The Pursuit of Happiness. When the movie was over Ashton asked, "Want to go out for dinner?" I looked at him confused. I looked at the clock; it was already 8:30. "Yeah sure. Where do you want to go?" He took my hand. "You can pick." I thought. "How about we just for pizza or something." He nodded. "Let me get changed though. I look awful." Ashton said standing up. "Alright."

*Ashton's P.O.V.*

I walked upstairs to my room and looked in the mirror. "Damn." I said touching the stiches. "Damn it!" I yelled as I hit the countertop. "Ashton! Are you okay?" Maddie yelled up. "Yeah I'm fine." I yelled back. What was I thinking getting in a fight with her foster brother. I thought. "I'm so stupid!" I yelled walking into my room and sitting on the bed. Then my phone rang. "Hello." I said. "Ashton? Is that you?" said the voice on the other line. "Yes, why?" Now what? I thought. "Well it's your younger sister, Lauren, if you actually remember me." I was shocked. My family remembers I exist. "Wow, you remember my name and that I exist." I heard Lauren sigh. "Well Harry and I wanted to call you and tell you mom is gone." I sat there confused. "What? Lauren mom's gone?" I heard her begin to cry. "She just left Ashton. She just left us." I shook my head. "No. NO!" I yelled closing my eyes. "Go to Calum's place and stay there and tell Mrs. Hood to drive you to grandmas' or somewhere with family." I said. "Alright." Then she hung up.

*Maddie's P.O.V*

I sat there in the living room waiting for Ashton to come down but then I heard a scream. "Ashton!" I yelled. "Are you okay?" I began to walk up the stairs. "Maddie come here." I walked into his room. There he was on his bed face down in the pillow sobbing. "Ash?" I sat at the foot of the bed. "She's gone." His voice was muffled by the pillow. "Who?" I asked. "My mom." I was stunned both our mom's. Gone. Both of them...gone. "Ashton..." he cut me off. "NO! I don't want any pity. Nothing!" He yelled. "Damnit Ashton! I'm trying to help you! I had to go through the same damn thing!" I yelled back. "Maddie..." he said holding back tears. I shook my head and walked out of the room and back to the living room.

As I walked into the living room I heard a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I yelled. "Is there an Ashton Irwin here?" the voice said. I ran back to the stairs. "Ashton someone's here to see you or wants to speak with you!" I heard his footsteps coming from his room. "Who is it though?" he asked. I shrugged. He walked to the door. "Ashton Irwin?" He nodded. "Hello, I'm Maddie's dad. Is she here?"