Chapter Eight

As Ashton and I drove to the movies, he said "I think your "father" doesn't like me very much." I looked at him "I guess not Ash. But I'm really sorry he has a drinking problem too so he was probably drunk." The rest of the drive was silent. But when we got to the parking lot of the theater I noticed a big red mark on Ashton's face. "He hid you pretty hard Ash." I said reaching out to touch his face. He winced. "Well he you right where your bruise was so I bet that hurt worse." He said holding my hand. I nodded. "We should get going into this movie Ashton." I said. "Yeah we should." He said getting out of the car.

We saw a movie that we saw was about a girl and a boy who two different personalities but they fall in love with each other and the girl gets in a car accident and is in a coma. But I think Ashton wanted to see it because we both had somewhat different personalities but at the same time had similar personalities. The movie was about an hour and a half. When we got out of the theater Ashton asked "Want to get some ice cream?" I smiled. "I would love to Ash."

We got to the ice cream place we got the same thing: cookie dough. As we ate our ice cream Ashton asked "How can you stand that family?" I shrugged. "I have no choice Ashton. That stupid social worker I have said 'They're a wonderful family.' Yeah well that's what my mom said about my real family when my dad was still here." I said. "Why don't you stay at my place for the night? I could drive you back to your place and you could grab some clothes and you can stay the night." He said. "Yeah that's sounds great Ash."

We walked around the little park that was nearby and I felt as though Ashton was the person that I was missing in my life. "Ashton you never told me about you. I told you about me." I said. "Well if you really want to hear about me here it is. This one is definitely an obvious one but I'm originally from Australia, you could probably tell from the accent. Well I have a younger brother and sister. But I moved here about a year ago." He said. I looked at him "Why would you come to this crappy little town Ashton?" he stopped and grabbed my hands "Because there's no girls like you in Australia." I didn't make sense to me he didn't even know I existed until two days ago. "Ashton what do you mean by there's no girls in Australia like me?" His hazel eyes looked right into my bright blue eyes. He stared into my eyes like this for about a minute and finally said "All the girls in Australia would have covered a bruise with makeup or something but your different you accept who you are. And that's what I like about you Maddie." He then put his arms around my waist and I put mine around his neck. He then whispered "You're different Maddie. That's what I like in you." Then he kissed me.