Chapter Thirteen

Ashton lied there in his hospital bed with a bandage on his ribs, and his now bruised and red skin. "Ash?" I said. He groaned. "I love you." He blinked and opened his eyes to show the beautiful hazel green eyes I fell in love with. "I love you too. Aime-Moi." He said weakly. I kissed him and left.

As I walked to the car I finally broke into tears. I got in the car and sobbed harder. "Damnit!" I yelled. Nothing went right for me. Nothing. My mom. My dad. Me and Ashton. Nothing. I then put the car in drive and sped back to the house.

I ran into the house and ran to the kitchen. In the kitchen I searched for a knife. When I found one I held it to my wrist. I breathed harder and harder. "I love you Ashton." Then I did it I cut myself clean across the wrist. As I fell to the ground I whispered, "I'm not needed here anymore."

*Luke's P.O.V.*

"MOM!" I yelled. "What!" she yelled back. "I'm just going out if you were wondering." I responded. "Whatever." On that I started to walk to where Maddie was. I walked by houses that my mom used to bring me too, I smiled.

*Flashback*

I was nine and my mom brought me to her friend, Maria's house. Her son, James was one of my best friends we could never be separated. That night when my mom was driving me home she had been drinking with Maria but my mom had never drank too much even when I wasn't with her, but that night she did. She kept swerving around on the road...until she completely rammed into someone's car. Both of us rushed to the hospital. She died later that night and I only had some minor injuries. She never got to say goodbye to me and that was all I wanted to hear from her. I knew that, even at being nine, she was going to die. I just wanted in simple goodbye that I never got.

*Flashback over*

When I walked up to the door, I took a deep breath, knowing that Ashton would be home and would want to settle something with me. So I then knocked on the door, and it creaked open. "Maddie?" I yelled. "Or Ashton? Is anyone home?" I walked into the living room. No one. The dining room. No one. Then there was the kitchen. Maddie was there her wrist cut and bleeding out. She was gone.