twenty-four

downtown brooklyn

"fry me some pickles pa please," endya whined as she wrapped her arms around kasani's waist as he stood in the kitchen.

"take yo pregnant ass on bro," kasani laughed.

"please sani," she pleaded with a pout on her face.

"alright mama," he gave in and she pulled away from him letting him go to the fridge.

"thank you—wait bitch did you just call me pregnant," she cut herself off after realizing what he said.

it had been a week since endya's scare and she was indeed not pregnant. her appointment was the day after she took the tests and they were confirmed to be false positives.

"watch yo mouth," he warned her as he pulled the ingredients out of the fridge and cabinets before placing them on the counter.

"i'm not pregnant," she rolled her eyes.

"manifestation baby," he kissed her lips before making the mix to fry the pickles.

endya laughed loudly, "don't play."

kasani laughed with her before proceeding to dip the pickles in the mix before frying them. once he finished, he made some ranch since his homemade ranch was her favorite.

he placed them on a plate with a mini condiment bowl for the ranch before taking it to the living room so endya could eat.

"mmm this is sooo good," endya moaned dipped her pickle in ranch and taking a bite.

"you're dramatic," kasani laughed sitting next to her on the couch.

"no like this ranch so good you deserve yo dick sucked for this masterpiece,"

"i mean i'm not telling you to whip it out and spit on it but," he shrugged.

"i got you later papa," she laughed.

..

"can we talk," endya spoke lowly as she sat at the table across from kasani who was on his computer looking up new renovations for his shop.

the past few months together had been amazing for them, especially since they haven't argued since the incident at the shop but endya couldn't help but to think negatively.

it didn't come often since she was secure in her relationship. this was only the second time that she had gotten a negative thought and she wanted to communicate her issue with him before it began to ruin their relationship.

"go ahead baby i'm listening," kasani lifted his head looking away from the computer screen to her eyes before looking back at it.

"i know you're busy but can i have your full attention for just a few minutes please?" she asked looking at him as he closed his laptop signaling her to continue.

"i've been thinking and i think i should go home. i know we've been doing good but i don't want to invade your space too much," she admitted.

kasani sighed. he knew this conversation was coming but tried his best to avoid it. he wanted her here. he understood where she was coming from since relationships can be ruined by being around each other too much but he didn't think that would happen with them.

he thought that since they were almost five months into their relationship, even more into their friendship and they were grown, she could move in if she wanted. he also just didn't want to admit that he doesn't like to sleep without her.

"where this coming from endya? we not good?" he wondered. it was honestly hurting him, all he wanted was to be happy and he was at his happiest with her.