twenty-five

downtown brooklyn
two months later

endya walked into kasani's shop, greeting everyone before stopping at the receptionist desk.

"hey boo, k in his office right now" the receptionist announced.

"hey babe, his fat headed ass ain't been answering his phone" endya rolled her eyes and the receptionist laughed.

"he's been busy all day with only a few five minute breaks that he used to take power naps. i don't see how he does it" she shook her head.

everyone in the shop knew how kasani was. he was very hardworking and determined when it came to his passion. he was a true workaholic and it wasn't healthy at all.

hearing low giggles, endya looked up to see kasani walking out of the office with a girl who was laughing at him.

kasani held his usually mug but it was softer, holding a slight smile that grew once he saw his girlfriend.

"baby," he exclaimed hugging her "i missed you mama."

"i missed you too pa, who's this?" she asked as they pulled away from the hug.

"baby this is taylor and taylor this is my girlfriend, endya" kasani introduced the two and they greeted each other with smiles on their faces.

"i'm interviewing her for the piercer spot that just opened." he informed endya watching the slight mug immediately fall from her face.

"i'll leave you guys to it if i'm all set. the last few minutes of my interview was him talking about how he couldn't wait to see you, which explains my laughter." taylor laughed.

"sounds exactly like him," endya laughed "good luck on the position taylor."

"thank you endya, and thank you as well kasani. i hope to hear from you soon." taylor smiled at the couple as she walked away.

endya and kasani made their way back to his office. kasani prepared himself to get cussed out by endya for taylor laughing at him.

"i like her, how did her interview go?" endya spoke.

kasani looked at endya in shock, "uh-good." his hesitation confused her.

"why'd you say it like that?" she tilted her head to the side.

"im just shocked, i thought it was gone be a double homicide in my shop after you saw her laughing." he laughed hiding his nervousness.

"baby, im very secure in my spot. no one could ever replace me," she spoke cockily.

"glad you know, what we eating?"

you can eat me, endya thought to herself as she took a moment to stare at him.

she snapped back realizing he was waving his hand in her face.

"um," she cleared her throat "hot honey chicken tenders and fries." she passed him the bag and their drinks and he took everything out.

"do you remember when we first met how i told you i had anxiety and depression. literally worst combo ever but my doctor said my depression is at an all time low, mainly because i'm rarely ever alone to drown in my thoughts." she told him the news that she received before coming to him.

"i'm proud of you mama," he smiled "we're helping each other. you helped me eat more and now i can eat a full meal without rushing to throw that shit up."

..

"hello son i never see," kimora crossed her arms standing in front of kasani in her living room.