thirty-two

downtown brooklyn

"mama why you crying?" kasani mumbled trying to pull endya into him but she kept pulling away.

they were laying in bed watching a movie and kasani had scooted over so he could go to sleep while she watched the movie.

"you don't wanna lay with me," she sniffled wiping her face "but it's okay."

kasani sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. he pulled her into him and began to rub her back.

"why do you think that?" he questioned before placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"y-you moved away from me," she pouted placing her hand above his that laid on her protruding belly.

he chuckled, "baby i was just trynna go to sleep but i'll stay up with you."

at six months pregnant, endya was becoming very emotional. she didn't cry at every little thing but she recently started to feel like a burden, causing her to cry when she felt unloved.

she knew that everyone around loved her but she couldn't help but to feel the opposite sometimes.

"you can go to sleep papa, i'm fine." she sniffled turning away from him.

kasani sighed. he had been trying his hardest to not get mad at her since she couldn't control her emotions but it wasn't easy.

"endya please don't start this," he cuddled up to her resting his hands on her stomach once again "is toot hurting you or something?"

endya called their baby toot so much that kasani eventually started calling them that too.

the couple was currently waiting for their gender reveal so that they could call their baby by the name that they picked. they were in between a few names that would be finalized at the gender reveal.

they waited this long to have their gender reveal because endya kept pushing it off. nothing felt real to her during the beginning of her pregnancy.

she nodded slowly as she sniffled, "yes they keep kicking me." she pouted turning back to kasani.

often times endya wouldn't bother to tell kasani that she was in pain from the baby's kicking or her body hurting. kasani was trying to grow her out of that habit being that it wasn't safe.

"you gotta tell me when something bothering you, endya. that shit not cool." he kissed her lips before moving to kiss her stomach.

"yo toot chill out," he chuckled rubbing her belly "you can't be beating on mommy ight? she keep crying and ion wanna hear that."

endya rolled her eyes before laughing. she ran her fingertips across kasani's scalp.

she loved when he would calm the baby down. toot would immediately began kicking when kasani came around but it was like they could hear exactly what he was saying and would stop.

"daddy loves you baby," he mumbled kissing her belly "i can't wait to meet you. imma give you the world and more ight?"

kasani left his hands on the side of her belly before sliding his body upward. he moved his hands to the sides of her face pulling her into a kiss, "i love you mama."

endya giggled pulling away, "i love you more papa."

..

"baby," endya whined from inside of their walk-in closet.

she was currently at the vanity trying to install her wig but she was hot and out of breath so it wasn't working. she was two seconds away from having a mental breakdown but decided to ask for help.

today was their gender reveal and she was set on having a long wig but it wasn't working out in her favor.

luckily, a few months ago, kasani was at the shop with her when she hosted a class. now, he knows how to install her wigs when she doesn't feel like it.

"why you whining big girl," kasani chuckled walking into the closet.

she pouted turning the rolling chair towards him, her arms immediately flew into the air wanting him to pick her up.

"i'm not picking you up. stop being a brat and tell me what's wrong?" he spoke sternly as he pulled a chair in front of her and sitting in it.

her face frowned up and she covered it with her hands. her shoulders bucked up and down as she cried.

kasani sighed pulling her into him letting her tears soak up his white tee, "imma call easton ass up here. gone have yo ass crying for real." he chuckled knowing easton would talk about her and she would come to kasani crying since everyone else would laugh at her.

"look at my hair amiri, it's terrible." she pouted pointed to her half removed wig.

"don't call me amiri like i just pissed you off melian." he lifted up removing the rest of the wig. "just do your natural hair for today mama."

endya sighed letting him wipe her face. he took her hair out of the braids and since she had just did them, there was no need to wash her hair.

he proceeded to moisturize and detangle her hair before slicking the top half back. he placed it into a pony before flipping it and adding a claw clip. the rest fell down. he brushed out her edges and softly laid them.

"thank you papa," she smiled standing up to kiss him. "i'm sorry."

kasani chuckled kissing her back. they changed their clothes and he lead her downstairs and into their backyard where their families were.

"i just know yo big ass was up there crying," easton laughed as endya walked to her seat.

"bitch stop fucking playing with me. i'm pregnant, hot, hungry, and tired. i would advise you to do something safe." endya punching his chest.

"i would advise-face ass lil girl. you don't scare me." he mocked her laughing as he got up to hug her and place a kiss on her cheek.

over the course of about two hours, everyone mingled and ate until it was time to reveal the gender.

three pairs of shoes were placed on the table in front of where endya and kasani stood, one for each of them and another for their baby.

when the time arrived, they would pop open a confetti paint cain which contained the color that was associated with the gender.

despite the neutral colors of the gender reveal, they still chose pink and blue and paint the shoes.

elaina started the countdown as an ecstatic endya and kasani looked over at each other waiting for her to finish.

they turned back to the shoes popping the can open and watching pink paint splatter onto the shoes.

kasani began to jump around before pulling endya into a hug, kissing over her face.

"we having a girl mama," he smiled kissing her lips. "how you feeling?"

endya looked up at him seeing the look in his eyes. she couldn't believe she had fell this deep in love with this man within a year.

the love of her life was in front of her and it still somehow felt unrealistic.

"i feel great baby, i'm so happy." she smiled pulling him down into a longer kiss.

..TO BE CONTINUED..

their having a girl. yay!

pro writing tip: write most of your book before publishing.

why did i lows forget about both books. lols.

y'all so over this book and i don't blame y'all..me too.