twenty-six

downtown brooklyn

"this lady always planning something," endya laughed as her and kasani sat in the car outside of her mother's house.

endya's mom, elaina, was hosting a cookout. endya assumed it was just because but little did she know, it was very important.

kasani walked to endya's side and opened the door for her, holding his hand out for her to grab. she eagerly dragged him toward the house since she was starving.

"damn," he mumbled lowly watching her ass move in the white maxi dress she wore paired with her low top dior sneakers.

kasani matched perfectly on her arm with a white slim fit polo tee, light blue amiri jeans, and low top dior sneakers to match endya.

they walked into the house seeing no one inside indicating that everyone was in the backyard.

"damn shawt look fine as hell in that dress," kasani heard causing him to snap his head over.

he glared at the person once he saw where the voice was coming from.

"thank you bae," endya hugged amara and she grabbed her ass.

"ight mara watch yo self," kasani warned and she ignored him rubbing endya's ass.

"you gone let yo sister steal yo girl?" bryson joked.

"shut up bitch," kasani bucked at him.

he scanned the backyard to make sure he was able to see everyone's face, just in case.

"daughterrrrrr," he heard a voice exclaim getting closer to them.

walking over was elaina and kimora, who have gotten super close in the last time months.

"hey mommy," she greeted both giving them a hug and a kiss on their cheeks.

they spent the next few minutes catching up before elaina announced that she had a surprise for endya.

"i don't wanna say too much because knowing me, i'll give away the surprise but stand in front of the back door for me."

endya stood in front of the back door confused as everyone began to pull out their phones to record the special moment, as she was the only one who was clueless.

"no," she shook her head as the surprise laid in front of her eyes "this is not real."

kasani wanted to jump out of his chair and hold her as she sobbed but he knew that he couldn't interrupt the moment.

"oh m-my god," she chocked out at the sight.

five years ago, endya turned sixteen. everything changed for her that day. she went to a birthday party with a group of people who she labeled as her friends. long story short, she ended up not in her right mind despite her many protests. she never drunk any liquor, so she thought. she was correct but someone did slip a pill into one of the cups of juice she had. the group of people were worse than she thought.

they were nothing that they said that were. the most important being their age. they looked very young so they passed as sixteen to eighteen as they said but were in reality, twenty to twenty-five.

the thoughts and possibilities in her head were way less gruesome than what actually happened.

the group turned out to be linked to a sex trafficking circle and we're plotting on endya. they attempted to kidnap her that night but her dad and brother were two steps ahead.

endya promised to continuously check in with her mother, which she did, until she couldn't. her dad and brother ended up pulling up to the party at the same time they were dragging endya out.