:: Scott X Female!Reader - Phone Dude - PT. 1 ::

Walking into a new location, I got an uneasy feeling. I wasn't sure if it was just the atmosphere or if I was sensing something in my gut. I kept walking around the place, occasionally seeing some stands with the original mascot heads on them, their eyes glowing because of the lamps. When I took a right turn, I saw a giant glass window, and someone was inside. I took a deep breath and walked past it, taking a left and entering the doorway.

   I knocked on the wood that surrounded the entrance and the person looked up from their computer toward me. He had a bright red retro phone mask on covering his head. There seemed to be 2 eye holes that were cut into it so the person could see out. He wore the same uniform as me; a dark green security guard top with a black belt and black dress pants. He also wore black converses. 

   He cleared his throat and I blinked. "You must be (Y/N), correct?" He spoke, his voice was muffled. I nodded. "Yeah, sorry. This is my first job and I'm nervous." He chuckled and set his computer down on the desk, standing up. 

   "No need to be nervous, Ms. (Y/N). My name is Scott and I will be your trainer!" He made a funny pose and I giggled. I could tell he was trying and I appreciated that. "So, first things first is the system you will be using." He gestured me over to him and I obeyed. "This is you reset station. As shown, you have your audio devices, camera system, and your ventilation." It takes up to bout 5 seconds to start each individually, but a total of 10 seconds to restart them all." 

   He showed me how each of them worked. Then we walked to the other side of the desk, next to a large vent with a tablet on the wall. "Here is your camera system. You can view people as they walk through the attraction and if you see any ghosts-" "WHAT!" I yelled, backing up. "I'm kidding! Sorry, I didn't you know you were so jumpy. Hehe." He turned to look at me. 

   I relaxed my shoulders. "No, I'm sorry. Again, it's my first job so there are a lot of things I don't think I'll be able to handle." He chuckled. "No worries! That's why I'm here to train you!" He turned the camera tablet on to show me the buttons and what the cameras showed. "Also, if you press this button.." 

   When pressed, the cameras switched from showing the hallways to the vents. "Sometimes, the vents make some settling noises but it freaked out the old guards so much that the company decided to add cameras in the vents." I nodded. He turned the tablet back off and leaned against the metal desk. "And that's pretty much it! Do you have any questions for me?" I seemed to ponder for a minute, but nothing was coming to my head except for Scott's mask. 

   "Nope, I don't think I do. At least, nothing that's invasive." Scott seemed to pick up on the hint and he laughed. "Don't worry. I just wear it so guests don't bombard me with questions about my scars." "Ah, I understand." A bell went off, causing me to look around confused. Scott hopped up off the desk and walked over to the only chair in the room. 

   "Don't worry, It's nothing to worry about. It's just saying it's midnight and that shift is starting. If we're lucky, the only thing you'll have to do is just sit and watch." I watched him sit in the chair as I placed my bag under the desk and moved to behind him. "Is there another chair I could sit on?" I asked. Scott sat there for a second, before very suddenly turning around and looking at me. "You are the first person to actually ask. Most people just assume. Let me go get you one!" 

   He hops up and leaves the room. I just kind of stand there, waiting. I see Scott walk past the window and he seems, uneasy, like how I did when I walked in. He keeps going though, which I appreciate. I just hope he comes back so we can finish this shift together.