:: DJ (OC) X Henry - Helpless - PRT. 1 ::

:: Remember the thing I said until about Hamilton? Yeah, this is that story. ::

:: A Winter's Ball - February 1780 ::

Henry White. Not much to say about the man, other than that he was a very, and I mean VERY energetic man. He enjoyed hanging out with his peers and was always wanting to help. The only issue with this was that, even though he was smart and ready for action, the general never gave him any to deal with, and this made him slightly angry. The general, however, had a good reasoning behind this.

DJ Kreshman, also known as Diana Jones Kreshman, was a very attractive lady. She only had one older sister, and that was Mahogany Kreshman, the second richest female in the town. The first richest was their mother and father, Destiny and Jacob Kreshman. DJ never really cared for her father much, but she did love to spend time with her mom and her sister as much as she could. Her father, who was good friends with the general, wanted DJ to be a nurse for the army. She declined.

Later that week was the yearly Winter's Ball they had every February. The Kreshman's were going and Henry and the boys were going. The general, William Afton, also decided to go. He was hoping to find Jacob and catch up with him, since it has been a good bit since they've talked. Let's just say, that night would change for everyone.

--

It was the week of the Ball and tonight was the first night. Everyone seemed to be setting up and getting ready for it. That is, except for DJ, who huffed in annoyance at her older sister, who has been begging DJ just to go for one night. "Please, Diana! It will be only for a few hours and even then they will go by very quickly!"

DJ shook her head. "No, I already told you. Besides, what do I get out of going to a party they have every year?" Mahogany was caught off-guard, which was very rare for her. She thought about the question her younger sister asked, making a noise of excitement when she found one.

"You get to find a cute boy," The older sister announced, wiggling her eyebrows. DJ was silent for a moment before- "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *Wheeze* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" DJ burst into laughter, wiping a single tear from her eye. Mahogany became confused. Why was she laughing?

After some time, DJ sat up, her face a pastel pink color. She looked at her sister, her smile changing quickly into a frown. "No man is going to want to date the daughter of a rich kid. They all think we are snobby individuals." Mahogany's confused look changed to one of anger.

"That does it!" Mahogany shouted, stomping her foot. "You are going to put your (F/C) dress on that I bought for you, you are going to put on the matching shoes, and I am going to do your hair and your makeup!" Mahogany's face became a bright red from shouting. DJ's eyes widened, a look of fear stained on her face.

"A-Alright... I will," DJ said, getting up from the bed she sat on and heading to her closet. Mahogany sighed, then smiled and left the room to let her sister finished getting ready. Deep down, DJ did want to find someone that would love her and take care of her. She just never wanted to admit it. Why? Because she was afraid.

Meanwhile, over with Henry and the guys. He brushed his freshly cleaned uniform out with his hands, also combing his hair back. He grabbed his eyeglasses and put them on his face, yawning. The boys, who I should now clarify are Mike, Vincent, Scott, and Jeremy, walked into the room, also wearing their newly washed uniform. "Hey, Henry," William said calmly, waltzing into the room.

Henry turned around and looked at William, giving him a small smile. "Hello, Mr. Afton," Henry answered with a smile. William raised both of his eyebrows. "Are you all going to the winter ball tonight?" Mike smirked, elbowing Henry's arm.

"We are all going to try and find Henry a girl so he can court her." Henry's face became a light pink. He was flustered now, stammering and stuttering over his words. "I actually wanted to.. to meet her.. her first and get.. get to know her be-better before I actually.. actually court her." Henry played with his hands.

William chuckled. "Well, you all should hurry. The ball is starting in about.." William glanced at his pocket watch, his stern expression never changing. "Thirty minutes." Every man, except for William of course, grew nervous and quickly rushed out of the room, making sure they all looked the somewhat decent.

--

The sound of music filled the ears of everyone in the ball room, as well as girls giggling, flirting, and men laughing and teasing the women. DJ awkwardly stood to the side, holding a cup filled with water. She didn't want to interact with any men because they were all the same; they all just wanted to flirt. And honestly, that ticked DJ off. How dare they disrespect a woman?

The doors of the ballroom opened, catching everyone's attention, including Diana's. 6 men walked in the room, all together in a group. Everyone gasped. It was the general and his men! Every girl curtsied and every man bowed, as a sign of respect.

The men entered the room without a word. Soon, everyone went back to what they were doing previously. Mike nudged Henry, causing him to groan. "I'll find one. Hopefully.."

Mike rolled his eyes and walked off, the same with the other men. William, however, stayed with Henry. "Go get yourself a drink, son. You look thirsty." Henry looked at William, but nodded, walking off towards the table.

Diana was staring into her water. God, this was stupid. What was the point in her being here. "Uhm, excuse me?" A voice asked, causing the woman to look up from her drink.

There, standing in front of her, was one of the soldiers that DJ saw walk in. She gulped and curtsied, dropping her water. She panicked and Henry also panicked. They both reached down to pick up the water, but hit each other in the head by accident. They both fell backwards, landing on their bottoms.

Once they both recovered and collected themselves, they both started to laugh. Henry blushed lightly at DJ's laugh. Henry looked at her and held out his hand. "Henry White, second in command under General William Afton." DJ took it, calming down.

"Diana Jones Kreshman, daughter of the richest woman in the town."

:: FINALLY. I'VE POSTED. I apologize for the absence. School is crazy. I still have to finish working on the other chapters and I'll try to get those out as soon as possible. Have a great day/night! ::