:: City of Crime Book Sneak Peak ::

OH MY WORD, I LIVE. It's been forever, I know. Sorry for the lack of updates, I decided to go to college! So ya girl has been doing that. While I've been at college, I've met a lot of awesome people. This new book is a Peepaw Willy X OC. I've wanted to do one of these for a while but never knew where to start. So.. this is how it starts, LOL. Enjoy!

---------

I took a deep breath and removed my heels. 'Oh my word, my feet are killing me,' I thought to myself, now plopping down onto my couch and slumping over. The relief that was sent through my feet and legs as I relaxed was pure bliss. Just as I began to grow comfortable in my spot, there was a loud knock at my house door. I inhaled through my nose and sat up, running a finger through my hair. "Who is it," I called out, using the couch armrest to support my weight as I got up. There was no reply at my door and I was almost sure I had imagined it. Until another round came through, seemingly more aggressive than the last. "Coming," I shouted, picking up my slow speed to walk to my front door.

Once I reached it, I very cautiously peeked through the doorhole. On the other side were William, Vanessa, and Henry, who seemed to grow impatient the longer I watched them. Just as I saw William's fist raise for a third time to knock on my door, I unlocked it and pulled it open, now standing in the doorway. Before I could greet them, they all pushed past me, shivering and taking a deep sigh as the warmth of my home comforted them. "Finally," William sighed, walking over to my fridge.

I huffed and closed my door, locking it again. "Well, good afternoon to each of you. What brings you to my humble abode," I stopped, glancing at the watch on my wrist. "5:26?" Vanessa spoke up first. "Something happened downtown at Mr. Afton's house, so we have to hide out here for a while until the smoke clears." I looked from her to William, who was searching through my fridge.

"Will."
"Hmm?"
"What are you looking for?"
"..."
"William."

"Alright fine," he stopped. "I'm looking for that delicious tea you made that one time." I blinked back my confusion and brought my hand up to my face, pinching my nose bridge. "I haven't made a fresh batch yet. But I think I have a glass on the counter in the dining room." William very quickly but gently closed my fridge door and made a mad dash to my dining room. While he was gone, I turned back to Henry and Vanessa, who by this point had made themselves comfortable in front of my fireplace in the living room.

"So, what happened downtown?" I began walking back to the living room, returning to my spot on the couch. Vanessa glanced at Henry, to which he returned it. "Well? Is someone going to inform me," I asked again, a little more demanding this time. Surely whatever had occurred affected them in a negative lighting, which was hard to do for the Aftons. "There was a surprise attack," Henry started, shifting uncomfortably in the chair he had occupied. "She didn't seem to care for anything except for William. Something about William being 'deceitful'."

"We knew that from the beginning, but there must be more." Who is 'she'? I couldn't recollect anyone in my mind of any female, other than myself, who would have such a hatred for one of the most powerful men in the state. As if almost answering my question, the name CC popped into my head. I looked up at Henry and Vanessa, both of them confirming my mental suspicion. "CC? As in Ciara Covington?"

At the mention of her name, Vanessa gave Henry a knowing look and he nodded. "Is she back in town," was my next question, to which William reappeared around the corner. "Apparently. I think she's still mad about the money situation." I became appalled. "Money situation? What, did you like to overcharge her rent or something?" William rolled his eyes and moved to sit beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me closer.

"See that's the thing. I never really charged her rent and she figured it out..." He trailed off at the end. "So let me get this straight. You knew she was rich, you began to 'tax' her. This went on for how long?" William looked at me, then away to avoid my frustrated gaze. "Roughly... a few years." "A FEW YEARS?" My voice raised, causing William to remove his arm from my shoulders. "In all honesty, I had only intended for it to last 12 months, but then I met you and I sort of forgot about it." I brought my hand up to my face and pinched my nose bridge.

"You are an idiot."
"I know, but I'm your idiot."
"No, you're just an idiot."

"Meh, you win some, you lose some." William shrugged his shoulders and returned his arm to its original resting place around my shoulders. "Okay. So, you taxed her for a few years and then she found out... So she wants you dead?" Henry piped up. "More like she wants all the money back from him that he took, but if that means killing him off, she'll do it." I turned my focus from William to Henry, then to Vanessa, then to my floor. It was silent for a few moments before Vanessa spoke up. "Ms. Jones, what do you propose we do?" I kept staring at the floor for a few more seconds before blinking and looking up at her. "Well, if CC hit home hard, then we'll hit her harder."

------

Hope you enjoyed it. More information is to come but for now, have this. I'm still taking requests for THIS book series. Have a great day/night!