:: Movie!Mike Schmidt X Female!Reader - Trick or Treat ::

OH MY GOODNESS I'M ALIVE! I took some time away and I'm gonna be honest, I had a small dip and some SERIOUS writers block... BUT THE MOVIE IS OUT AND I AM SO HAPPY! Now, this chapter WILL contain some spoilers to the movie so if you haven't see it, I would probably refrain from reading this if you don't wanna be spoiled. But otherwise, Happy Halloween and ENJOY!!
-------------------------------------------------------------

   Stepping out of my apartment's kitchen, I sighed, slowly walking to my bedroom as I prepared to just sit in my room and watch some tv. Trick or treating as a kid was super fun and I was thankful my parents were able to give me that experience, but now that I'm older, I can't do that anymore. Now it's drinking and parties and I do not want to be involved in that.

   Turning the corner into my room, a light knock could be heard from my front door, which made me slightly confused because trick or treaters didn't start until later when the sun was setting, and glancing at the clock on my bedside table, the clock read 2:41. I huffed, turning back around and walking to the door. I didn't have a peephole, which was mildly inconvenient, but I don't care.

   "Who is it?" I asked, standing near the door. Silence followed and I rolled my eyes, unlocking said door and opening it. There, stood Mike and his little sister Abby. I've known the sibling duo for quite a bit now. I met them through a friend of mine, Max. Unfortunately, Max and her brother passed away a year prior due to an.... unfortunate accident. After their death, I grew closer to Abby and her brother, mainly through babysitting Abby and going over for dinner a few times.

   "Hi (Y/N)!" Abby said, waving franticly and walking inside, hugging my leg. I chuckled and hugged her back. "Hi Abby." She giggled and ran past me, heading towards the small table I had set up in my living room that consisted of many different colored pencils and crayons, as well as many coloring books for her to use. When she moved away from us, I looked back at Mike, smiling. "Hi Mike."

   "Hi (Y/N)." He gave a small wave. "Are you needing me to watch her this evening," I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. "Actually, I was wondering if you wanted to join us trick or treating tonight. Abby won't stop asking me and I figured you didn't have any plans." He glanced past me towards his sister, who seemed to be in her own little world. "Well, lucky for you, I don't. Was there a theme you were going as?"

  Abby, who now had regained her hearing, looked over towards the two of us. "We're going as Toy Story characters! I'm going as Jesse, Mike is going as Woody, but we need a Bo Peep!" I turned towards her, raising my eyebrows. "Hmm.. What about.. if I were Bo Peep.. Mike was Woody.. and you were the little sheep," I asked, glancing back towards Mike who seemed to be looking around the apartment hallway.

   Abby thought about it for a moment, then shrugged. "Okay! But I want you to take me shopping," she said getting up from what she was doing and walking over to the both of us. I watched her for a moment and then looked at Mike, who now had his focus back on me. "Yes, I will take you shopping to get your stuff AND I will go with you both." Abby cheered and hugged my leg again, making me laugh.

   Over the course of several hours, as promised, I did take her shopping and surprisingly it didn't take as long as I thought. Once we all finished with the outfits and we got everything situated, we put the costumes on and I did Abby's hair, making it fluffy and sheep-like. Afterwards, I fixed my hair to look like Bo-Peeps. "Hey, Mike?" I asked, touching up the top of the bow I was wearing. "Do you want me to fix your hair?"

  Mike came around the corner, placing the hat on his head. "No, I think the hat will cover it." He gave a small smile. I nodded. The costumes we had were fairly cheap, but noticeable and people could tell who we were. I had on a simple dress with the pattern design, Mike had on a yellow button up with the vest pattern design and blue jeans. The boots and hat were hard to find but then we found them at a nearby Goodwill. And of course, Abby's costume was made from materials I picked up from Hobby Lobby.

   By the time we finished getting ready, it was around 6-o'clock and Abby was eager to get started. I started us off by just walking around the apartment complex and going door to door. I knew who gave out candy so I pretty much told her where to go while we were here. Once we finished circling the complex, we hopped in Mike's car and drove over to their neighborhood, starting the cycle all over again.

   While Abby was trick or treating, a couple of parents assumed Mike and I were a couple and we had to politely explain to them we weren't. However, everytime Mike would explain, I felt like a small part of me died, because even though I enjoyed being around Mike and his sister, I knew it would never work out. On the way back to your apartment, Abby kept talking about how awesome it was for me to help make all the costumes and how happy she was that I helped her and Mike go trick or treating.

   "I'm glad you had a good time, Abby," I responded, looking out the window to the passing houses. I heard her yawn and soon after she was asleep. The rest of the way there was quiet, which I deeply appreciated because I too was too tired to strike up a conversation. I started to doze off with my head leaning against the window. "(Y/N)." I heard from beside me, making me open my eyes again. "Hm," I responded back with, stretching out my arms in front of me.

   "I know Abby said it, but thanks for going with us, I know you've definitely made her night," Mike stated, turning down my road. In the distance I could see the complex, which made me sit up. "Of course. I knew it meant a lot to her and I figured you didn't mind." I said, popping my neck. He chuckled from beside me and I turned my head to face him. "What?"

   Mike shook his head. "Nothing. Just thinking about what this one dad said to me." We turned up the hill to the gate. "What?" "He had said that I had a good family and that he was almost a little jealous." I hummed. "What did you say?" He stayed quiet for a bit, then once he was parked in front of my building he turned to me. "I just agreed."

   Mike reached his hand out to me and I gently took it. "(Y/N)," he started, staring into my eyes. He seemed to be looking for the right words. "I want you to know that I... um.." He stopped, searching again. I waited, listening carefully. From behind us, Abby spoke up. "He loves you!" I turned my head towards her, then back to Mike, letting out a small laugh.

   Mike sighed, laughing along with me at Abby's outburst. After a few short minutes, I took a deep breath. "Mike, I love you too. I actually remember falling in love with you the first time I met you, which is cheesy, but at the time it made a lot of sense and I-" Before I could continue, Mike leaned forwards and kissed me, making me stop talking.

   We stayed like this for a little bit, Abby in the backseat giggling in the backseat before Mike pulled away, both of our faces bright red. "(Y/N)," Mike started again, gripping my hands tighter. "Will you be my girlfriend?" I was still in shock from the kiss, but once I recovered, I nodded. "Yeah, I will." Abby started cheering in the backseat and Mike let out a sigh of relief.

  I'm glad I'll be able to celebrate again, this time with my two favorite people in the whole wide world.