i

"𝐶𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑒, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑜, 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑒, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑤ℎ𝑦,...

"𝐶𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑒, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑜, 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑒, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑤ℎ𝑦, 𝑖 𝑐𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑘𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑚𝑦 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑓𝑓 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢"
_______________________________

Loreleia

TODAY WAS HELL. LITERALLY. Working in a bar that's open both night and day is....exhausting to say the least. My friend Chloe and I were the only ones working tonight and the only good thing about that was, that it was less lonely. I don't want to remember why I picked up the double shift; the lack of sleep's been the real negative part of this job. But I then remembered why I needed this.

Tuition. I know it seems cliché, but I needed the money to stay in school. I know I wouldn't have to worry about tuition if I just chose the major my parents wanted: Medicine. I didn't despise doctors or the thought of becoming one, but my heart leaned towards my current major. English.

I know people expect you to be rigorous as an English major; expecting you to always have a list of books to read, wanting an ideal job. Not me. My parents refused to pay for my tuition when I refused the major they picked for me. Currently, I'm a bartender at the local bar. Whenever I'm not studying, I'm working or sleeping. Fun.

As I push my nearly lifeless body toward the bar, I can't help but laugh at Chloe, sitting on the bar, her legs dangling down as she read a magazine: E! news. Isn't that magazine that Zoey told me about?

Zoey is my best friend in the entire world. you might recognize her: Zoey Deutch. Yeah. I know what you're probably thinking: I'm probably using Zoey for fame, but on the contrary, it's the complete opposite.

I met Zoey when I was 5, and we were instantly joined at the hip. When we were younger, we would talk about our aspirations and dreams. Zoey always dreamed of being an actress, Her mom is a well-known actress and her father was a director so her dream wasn't as unrealistic as mine. For me, I dreamed of singing. I loved singing and songwriting; how you could paste your feelings onto paper, in poems, with your soul. I never chased my dream. Zoey was ambitious, and unlike her, I was cowardly.

Zoey told me about how E! news was a very invasive and biased magazine, and I don't doubt her because she has been on it once with false information about her. So now here I am, in a poorly lit bar watching Chloe devour the information inside the magazine. A few minutes later, she got a call and told me she had to go. Great. I am handling the bar all alone. I guess it's fine, there's only a young couple and a few older men playing darts.