xii

"𝑖𝑚 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑠 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝐼 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑚𝑦 𝑣𝑜𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑜𝑦𝑠 𝑚𝑒, 𝑏𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑡𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑢𝑒 𝑜𝑓𝑓 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑎 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑒,  𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒"__________________________...

_______________________________

Loreleia

A FEW DAYS PASSED. Now it's the first of March and I'm working in the bar like usual. Just twenty-one more days until Dylan leaves to shoot. We have been hanging out constantly, but he hasn't asked me out yet, which makes me wonder if he is ever going to.

I suddenly hear a squeal from Chloe my co-worker and I frown in confusion. "What is it, Chloe?" I ask and her smile brightens. "Dylan O'Brien just confirmed he broke up with Sutton Quincy! You know what that means?" I shook my head and she continued. "So since you know Dylan and he isn't tied down, You can set up our date!" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What? How do you know if he is looking to date?" She scoffed. "Because! Can you please introduce me to him?! That's all I ask." 

Jealousy floods my body. Nevertheless, I nod. "Yeah, sure," I say wiping the bar and storing the shot glasses. Once I am on my break, I grab my phone and text Dylan.

 Once I am on my break, I grab my phone and text Dylan

Hey, you.
I have something to ask you.

Hey to you too.
Ask away.

So remember my co-worker Chloe?

The one who likes
E-news and stuff?

Yea. She found out I knew you
from the post. she just read
an article saying you're single so she
wants me to introduce you two.
Like ASAP

Sure I guess. I'm omw
But FYI I don't want to
Date her. At all. Ever.

Whatever
Later loser 🙄🙄🙄

_______________________________

I sigh locking my phone. "Chloe, He's on his way," I tell her. She squeals and I frown continuing to work.

A few minutes pass and the bell rings, with Dylan walking towards the bar. I smile, and he does the same. "Hey, Princess Leia." I blush a little and he laughs. "Chloe!" I call.

She rushes out and smirks at Dylan with a seductive grin. I roll my eyes. "Oh my goodness! Hi, It's so nice to meet you. Rory must've told you a lot about me. All good things right?" She giggles and I walk off not waiting to hear more of the conversation.

Within ten minutes, Chloe comes back, with a disappointed frown on her face. "Hey what's wrong?" I ask. She scoffs. "I guess I shouldn't trust everything the press says." I raise an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" She turns her head to me.

"He was really nice, but when I asked him out he said 'I was sweet and any guy would like to have me, but right now, he has eyes on someone else.' And you want to know what I said?" I shrugged.

"I said 'it's Rory, isn't it?' and he didn't say anything. I got my answer from that. Rory, he likes you! I can tell by the way he looks at you."

"How does he look at me?" She smiles softly. "Like you're the only girl in the world. Like his world stops when you're around, and his face lights up when you even glance at him. The whole time we were talking, every ten seconds, He looked at you."

My cheeks warm again. I know he told me he liked me but I guess was insecure because nothing happened since that day.

Once she walks off, I walk to Dylan and smile. "So Chloe told me you rejected her." He smiles softly. "Yeah, she's not my kind of girl." I check the time and sigh in relief. "I get off in fifteen minutes? Want to wait for me and we can hang out?" He smiles widely and nods his head.

"Yeah, I wanted to show you something so that works." I was about to walk off but I turned towards him. "What did you want to show me?" He chuckles. "You'll find out in thirteen minutes and thirty-two seconds." He checks his wristwatch.

Dylan
-------❀᪥❀᪥❀-------

After waiting for Ro to get off of work, we finally walk to my car. "Now are you going to tell me where we are going?" She pushes. I shook my head and she cursed under her breath. While driving, I notice Leia fiddling with her thumbs.

I carefully envelop my hands into hers and rest them on her thigh. I smile to myself and turn the corner, arriving at our destination.

I don't move, and she attempts to get out but I stop her. "Dyl, what the fuck are we doing?" She laughs.

"Well I heard about a movie in the park and I know you like watching movies, so I thought it would be fun if we uhm, went to a drive-in," I say signaling to the large projection screen. She gasps and smiles widely.

"Wow. I've never been to a drive-in movie. Thank you, Dylan." She says. I pull out snacks and food I've seen her eating while we've hung out, and her face lights up. As she watches the movie, I can't help but look over at her a thousand times.

When the movie ends, I take her home only to see her passed out in my car. I smile at the sight, completely in awe of her. I'm falling for her.

After a few minutes I wake her up hesitantly and she waves goodbye. I know technically I haven't asked her out on our date yet, but that's because I've tried to think of a fool-proof, perfect date, that she will enjoy.

After a long debate with myself, I've finally picked the perfect date. It now comes down to when it's happening and how the fuck I'm going to ask her. I thought about texting or calling but that's too tacky.

I didn't want to show up at her work because I always do that and- oh god I'm overthinking.

Alright, it's okay Dylan you got this, just show up at her apartment, ask her out, and leave. I begin to approach the door, fiddling my hands and running them through my hair, and I knock.

☀︎︎᯽☀︎︎᯽☀︎︎