viii

"𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑎 𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛, 𝑖𝑚 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑢𝑦, 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑣𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑚𝑦 𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑛, 𝑖 𝑐𝑎𝑛 ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑠

"𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑎 𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛, 𝑖𝑚 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑢𝑦, 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑣𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑚𝑦 𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑛, 𝑖 𝑐𝑎𝑛 ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑠."
_____________________________

𖧵Dylan𖧵

"OKAY, WELL IN THAT CASE, there's something else I need to tell you." My mind was racing when those words left my mouth. I was staring down at my fingers, feeling guilty as I was trying to tell Ro I have to leave in a month. in four weeks. just thirty days.

" What is it, Dylan? You know you can tell me anything." She reassured me, speaking softly.

"Well Leia, I Uhm... I'm leaving." I would've thought my anxiety would die down once I told her but it only got worse. I couldn't help but worry if she would be mad at me, hate me, and leave me.

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she spoke. "W-what do you mean, 'you're leaving?'" I stared at her, studying her expression to see what she was feeling. I took a deep breath and exhaled shakily as I elaborated.

"I'm leaving in a month, to film the second maze runner movie." She sighed in relief and laughed.

"W-why are you laughing?" Her reaction shocked me and made me feel better at the same time.

"Because Dylan I thought you were leaving for like a death in the family or something. Dude, you looked so scared." She laughed. My eyebrows furrowed this time, Now I was confused. 

"So you're not mad? You don't hate me?" I said relaxing my shoulders. She punched my arm and scoffed.

"Mad at you? Dyl It's not a big deal. You act like you're the first person who'd given this speech to me. C'mon, Zoey leaves plenty of time for her projects! It's your job I get it." Fuck, this woman is amazing. No. I didn't say that.

"Thank you," I said with a genuine smile. "For what?" She asks. I could list all the things about her I'm thankful for, but I'm most thankful for her.

"For being so God damn accepting. God, I used to feel like such a bad person when I get called into work and you're one of the first people who made me not feel bad about it."

She smiles softly and envelops me in a hug. "Maybe I'm just the first one who understands." She turns around leading me back into the kitchen where Zoey is doing dishes.

"There you guys are! I thought you ditched me to make out or something." Zoey jokes. I smile and can't help but notice the blush on Leia's face.

"W-what? Why would you think that?" She says embarrassed. She is so cute. Oh my god. Stop Dylan, she's one of your best friends.