xiv

"𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑦 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝐼 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝, 𝐼 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝐼'𝑚 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝐼 𝑑𝑜, 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑑𝑒𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒

"𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑦 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝐼 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝, 𝐼 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝐼'𝑚 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝐼 𝑑𝑜, 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑑𝑒𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒."
_____________________________

Loreleia

AS DYLAN WALKS ME to his car, I can't help but drown in anxiety. I feel so nervous and excited, but also worried ill make a fool out of myself. As we approach the car, Dylan holds the door for me, and I can't help but blush. Once he gets into the driver's seat, he smiles at me and turns on the engine. 

I sit in awkward silence until Dylan speaks up. "Is it just me or am I insanely nervous?" He chuckles. A sense of relief washes over me and I laugh nervously as well. "I thought it was just me." He smiles at my words.

"Do you want to listen to music? You can connect your phone to Bluetooth if you'd like." He smiles. I nod, and he continues. "Just promise me you won't blast heavy metal, I'll get a headache." I laugh.

"How do The Neighbourhood, Taylor Swift, and the Artic monkeys sound? Those are my top three artists right now." He smiles and nods.

"I love all of them." I smile and put on a song by Taylor swift, and I softly sang under my breath as we drove to wherever Dylan was taking me. Every few seconds I caught him glancing at me and my cheeks warmed even more.

Once the car stops, I notice we are at a small Italian restaurant that's secluded and private, but homely. I remember how I mentioned I liked Italian food while making dinner with him— before the trip to the hospital.

Once again he opens the car door for me and I stand, exiting the car. "And they say chivalry is dead." I laugh. He smiles too and puts his hand on my waist, guiding me to the entrance.

Once we enter a nice older woman comes to the front. "Welcome! How many?" I smile at her and Dylan answers. "Two. Thank you." She grabs two menus and We follow her to a candlelit table in the back of the restaurant.

"This is such a nice place." I look around at the simplistic beauty of it. He stares at me. "Yeah, it's beautiful." He continues to stare at me until I giggle. "What?" He smiles and shakes his head.

"Nothing, it just feels like I'm dreaming." He laughs. I smirk and pinch his forearm. "Ow, what was that for?" He yelps rubbing his arm. I laugh harder now. "I pinched you, to prove it's not a dream." He laughs as well.

After looking at our menu for a few minutes. we order and eat. The food was to die for. Once we finish, it's around seven-thirty and I offer to pay. He insists he pays for it since he invited me and I smile and tell him 'thank you.'

Once we head on the road, I notice he is going the opposite way of my house. "Uhm, Dylan I live the other way." He grabs my hand and envelopes it with his. "I know. The date is not over." I look at him in awe.

"There's more?!" I exclaim. He laughs and nods. "I promised you the best date ever. I don't like breaking promises." My heart flutters at his statement. I smile contently to myself at how lucky I am that we found each other.

The car stops again and I notice we arrive at the Citi Field stadium. Was he....? No, he couldn't have. He's taking me to a baseball game. My heart skips two beats. I have only been to a few games, and never with anyone like him.

"Dylan, are we going to a Mets game?" He nods. "Yeah, I mean if you don't want to go I understand, I can watch the game at home, I just really wanted to watch it with you." I smile and kiss his cheek. " I love it."  He grabs his baseball cap with the met's emblem on it and we enter the stadium hand in hand.

When we enter I notice our seats are right behind the home base plate, also known as the best seats in the house. Once I sit down, he insists on getting us drinks and he flags down a drink vendor.

I notice some teenage girls come up to him before he returns, and they ask to take a picture. He agrees and he smiles as they take a picture. They then say 'thank you and enjoy the game' before leaving.

I smile at his kindness and he smiles back. "what?" He asks. I shrug. "I find it sweet that you don't reject your fans, I know some people don't like being bothered. He shrugs. "I love my fans. I love what I do. yeah sometimes it's inconvenient but I don't deny it. I find some people only like me for my career, but I'm just a normal guy."

I smile and nod. "That's what I like about you. You're so real. I've met so many people who are two-faced and unauthentic." He smiles and puts his arm around me in my seat. I look at him as he watches the game intensely. It's adorable how much he likes sports. I turn back to the game, observing the fouls from the opposing team.

Once the game was over, We walked out, hand in hand, and towards the car. When I get home, Dylan walks me up.

"I had a lot of fun tonight," I said unraveling my hands from his, to unlock my apartment. "Yeah, I did too." After I unlocked my door I smile at him looking between his lips and eyes. "Good night Dylan." He steps closer. "Good night Loreleia." Oh god, why is he so hot? Slowly I move closer to him and cup his face subconsciously. I give him a nervous peck before heading inside.

Before I could do anything else, He grabbed my arm softly and twirled me into him. I gasped, noticing our proximity, before he kissed me passionately, his hands traveling from my waist to the back of my neck.

I melted right then and there. I felt so comfortable when I kissed him. It felt like I needed his lips like I was a fiend. it was like it was a missing puzzle piece, and I felt complete after it.

I felt at home.

☀︎︎᯽☀︎︎᯽☀︎︎