xiii

"𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑝𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑒𝑠, 𝑎𝑚 𝐼 𝑎 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑒? 𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑚 𝐼 𝑎𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒?"_______________________________

_______________________________

Loreleia

AFTER DYLAN DROPPED ME OFF, I was sitting at home, preparing to watch The OC reruns I had on DVD when I heard a knock on my door. As I went to open the door, I sluggishly stood up from the couch, in my sweats and a bag of chips in hand. There stood Dylan, looking like a nervous wreck as I froze in shock and embarrassment at how he saw me.

"D-Dylan? Hey, wha-what are you doing here?" I said nervously because of my appearance. He scratched the back of his neck and looked up at me.

"Hey, Leia. I Uhm..." He scoffed and whispered under his breath, "God I don't know how to do this." He inhaled and rose his voice to normal.

"Uhm, Leia I uhm was wondering if you'd like to go out on a date with me? Not right now, but like one of these days? I didn't want to text you or call because that's like tacky and- Oh my god, I'm rambling. I messed this up didn't I?" He winced at himself. There was a soft silence that filled the air until I laughed.

Dylan stared at me confused and I laughed even harder. "Are you kidding? Oh my god, you look so nervous. Oh god, this is great." He purses his lips "So, uhm why are you laughing?" I smile.

"Oh, I just think it's adorable how you went to my house just to ask me out. No guy I've heard about ever did that. Also, I look like a hot mess right now and I find it ironic how you're asking me out when I look like this."

"Look like what? Ro, you look amazing." I blushed. "So is that a yes?" He continued. I nodded. "Definitely yes." He exhaled a breath of relief. "Okay, does Friday work for you?"

He said and I nodded again. "Yep see you in five days then." He scoffed. "Hey, you know I'm going to see you sooner than that. I love pestering my favorite bartender." I smiled. "Bye Dylan."

𖧵Dylan𖧵

AFTER SUCCESSFULLY ASKING out Leia, I drove home, my mind running with millions of thoughts.

I was determined to make our date the most exciting and mind-blowing date either of us had ever gone on. I decide to text her to ask her questions about what she likes, to find the best date for her.

Hey Quick question, (totally unrelated To our date on Friday)Do you like baseball, if so, What team?

To our date on Friday)
Do you like baseball, if so,
What team?

Uhm okay, I like baseball,
I'm a Mets fan tbh, but not really
A Yankee fan.

My kind of girl 😉
Alright thanks, sorry for interrupting.

Dylan, you're fine, I'm bored asf anyway.

_______________________________

I smiled at the conversation, happy she liked baseball and coincidentally the same team.

Although Ro liked simplicity, I wanted her to have the best date. I put my phone away and I knew now what I was going to do for us on Friday.

A few days had passed and it was Thursday, the day before our date. To say I was nervous was an understatement.

I had talked to Leia frequently over the past few days but I haven't seen her a lot since I showed up at her door. today I was stressing out, with every possible outcome of our date running through my head.

As Anxiety was coursing through my veins, I face timed Tyler. After one ring, he instantly picked up. "Hey Bro what go-" He paused, noticing my very worrisome expression. "Dylan, what's wrong dude, you look like you just got run over." He comments.

I scoff. "Nice to see you too Tyler. Okay so remember Rory?" Tyler laughs. "Do I remember her? Homie that's all you talk about when you call me. 'Rory this, Rory that,' You never shut up about her."

My face reddens in blush. "Right so Uhm I asked her out, on a date. And I'm freaking out because it's tomorrow and what if she hates it?"

Tyler chuckles loudly. "Dude! You're Dylan O'freaking Brien! You got this. I doubt she would hate going anywhere with you dude." I smile.

"Yeah but Leia doesn't care about me being 'Dylan O'freaking Brien, I feel normal around her, like I'm in high school again, with better hair and less social anxiety."

Tyler smiles. "Don't worry dude, if anything, text me, ill help you." I laugh, running my fingers through my hair. "Thanks, Ty, you'll be my wingman, Huh? I should go, But it was nice talking to you." Tyler smirks. "Yeah, Bye Dyl, enjoy your date." And with that, the call ended.

Loreleia

IT WAS FRIDAY. Not just another Friday, but the Friday I went on a date with Dylan. I took the day off from the bar today, and I finished my assignments in advance, but I felt so unprepared. I didn't know what to wear, what we were doing, and if it was going to go well.

Dylan texted me a few minutes ago, saying he'll pick me up at six. My heart raced as I checked the time. It was four-thirty, and as I saw that, I raced to my closet, trying to pick the best outfit I could. About thirty minutes later, I found an outfit after rummaging through my closet multiple times.

I wore a striped, red sweater and light blue jeans, with cuffed ankles. After that, I put on light makeup and perfume. I looked in the mirror and sighed in satisfaction as I heard a knock on my door.

I checked the time, and it was exactly six on the dot. I frantically looked for my purse and keys before I opened the door.

There revealed Dylan with A grey shirt and black jeans. He looked so casually handsome and I think my heart stopped for a second.

"Hey Princess, you ready?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. He waited for me and extended his hand. "After you my lady." He joked. And we were off on our date.

☀︎︎᯽☀︎︎᯽☀︎︎

A/N: I am a Mets fan IRL, my first Mets game was when I was about five and I found it ironic that Dylan was also a fan. - ❤︎︎ lisa

   - ❤︎︎ lisa