xviii

"𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑔𝑜 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑚𝑦 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎 𝑡𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑝𝑒"_______________________________

_______________________________

Loreleia

MY HEART RACES at his words, making the room seem as if it was closing in on me. Was he ending this? Am I boring? Did he lose interest? I nodded shakily at him as he continued.

"Leia, I've known you for a few months now, and I know you don't exactly have the best experiences with relationships. I want to let you know that I would never be like that."

"I've been trying to find the words and the perfect timing for this, but I just can't wait any longer. I like you, Loreleia. So would you please do me the honor of being my girlfriend? You can say no if you're not ready, but I'll wait if you-"

I cut him off with an electrifying kiss. He pulled my frame closer to him as he places his hands on my lower back. I lead my arms down his back and eventually to the front of his stomach. I pull away softly to answer him.

"Yes," I whisper. "A thousand times yes. I will be your girlfriend Dylan." His smile grows into a cheeky grin as he picks me up, spinning me around. 

After Dylan got that off his chest, we sat on the couch watching whatever was on the tv, when an idea popped into mind. I swiftly got off the couch and got the console from the TV stand. "Where are you going?" He asked I ignore him as I take the console out and pass him a controller.

Once the console turns on I start 'Just Dance' and turn to him. "We're gonna dance." He chuckles. "Alright, but if I step on your toes, don't break up with me." I scoff and we begin the dance.

Right before the last dance ends, I lose my balance and trip toward Dylan. He grabs my arms to stabilize me and laughs softly. "Are you okay?" I nod, looking up at him. Our proximity is close and without hesitation, we kiss deeply.

Our tongues fight for dominance and we eventually pull away for air. "I am now." I breathed. We plopped onto the couch, and prepared to watch a movie. we spend the night cuddling into each other's arms until daylight rose.

The next morning, I woke up with arms around me. My eyes flutter open and I realized that Dylan had stayed the night. He softly snored as I shifted in his arms.

I untangled myself from his arms to make breakfast. I warmed up a pot of coffee and put bread in the toaster.

As I drank my coffee standing near the sliding door, I felt a large pair of arms snake around my stomach. Dylan rested his head on my shoulder and mumbled a 'good morning.' I smiled and replied. "Good morning. I didn't realize we fell asleep."