vi

"𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑙𝑠 𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑐𝑒, 𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑙𝑠 𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑓 𝑖 𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤

"𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑙𝑠 𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑐𝑒, 𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑙𝑠 𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑓 𝑖 𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤."
_______________________________

𖧵Dylan𖧵

THE DAY BEFORE RORY'S birthday, I had picked up a custom-made necklace I ordered right when she told me. I know my sister always says that jewelry is a girl's best friend, so I wanted what I gifted to her to be special.

The necklace was custom made to say 'surprise' on it, as a homage to the way we met.

On my way home from picking up the necklace, I got a call from my management team, informing me I had only till the 21st of March to stay in New York before I had to shoot scenes for the second Maze Runner movie.

A day later, I dressed in a casual shirt, but not too casual, seeing as it was a birthday celebration. After getting ready, I quickly drove to Rory's apartment complex knocking on her door, the gift in my other hand.

She opened the door wearing a sleek black dress and with a jacket over it, her hair curled naturally and only a small amount of makeup on.

"Hi Dyl! Come in" She signaled, opening the door even wider before closing it after I entered. "So  Zoey is in my room getting her shoes on right now, but she wants to meet you."

Her smile was still present as she stood swaying waiting for Zoey. "Okay, I would like to meet Zoey too, again." I smiled softly.

She went towards the living area and I followed after her. She sat on the couch and I sat adjacent to her, preparing the gift I had for her.

"Here you go, Ro. Happy birthday." I said looking at her surprised and delighted reaction. "Oh my god! Dylan you didn't have to, I invited you, and your presence is a gift in itself."

She breathed. "Relax Ro, I wanted to give something to you. Go on open it." I nodded towards the gift.

She grabbed the bag, opening it to reveal a box with the custom necklace. "Surprise'. Oh, Dylan thats so sweet!" She hugged me, which I admit, was shocking yet enjoyable at the same time. "No problem Ro," I said while in the hug. She laughed when we pulled apart, furrowing her eyebrows. "Why do you call me Ro? No one has ever shortened my nickname before." She chuckled.

I laughed as well before I answered. "Because I wanna have my own nickname for you. Would you prefer I called you Leia? That's not bad, I wouldn't mind calling you Princess Leia." I voiced. She put on a smile and pointed at me.

"Listen Dyl,  number one, you watched star wars way too often, and number two, if anything, I'd be Padme; she's awesome."

I laughed at the response, before continuing. "I agree, but cmon, if you let me call you both 'Ro' and 'Leia', you can come up with any name for me, and I won't oblige."

I negotiated. She smiled, acting deep in thought, before deciding her answer. "Fine, I guess I'll call you Han, or something." She compromised. I smiled and Zoey came out of the room.

"Hi! I'm Zoey, We've met before but I don't think you remember me." She grinned in awe of me as if she wasn't famous herself, which made me laugh.

"Yeah I remember, you were at a party with me, right? I hope I remember correctly." Ro was looking at both of us, laughing at the interaction Zoey insinuated.

Zoey turned towards Ro, checking if we were ready to go, and she nodded. As Zoey walked out in front of us, I walked beside her whispering in her ear.

"Do you know where we're going?' I asked. She shook her head but then replied. "I trust Zoey so hopefully somewhere we'll enjoy ourselves."

We enter a club of some sort, Zoey still leading us, and once we reach the bar she turns to us. "Okay, Rory I'm going to dance on the dance floor, call me if you need anything. Remember this is your birthday!"

She says happily but Ro rolls her eyes and turns to face me. "So Dyl I have a question! Why did you follow me on Instagram?" She practically shouted on top of the loud crowd.

"Oh, I had my contacts connected so you popped up!" I belted as she did. "Okay!" She continued. After ordering a shot of liquor, she downed the shot and paused for a minute.

"Do you want to dance?" She asked me. "Sure." I projected. She grabbed my hand, dragging me onto the floor, both of us dancing in perfect harmony.

When the song ended,  we danced to another, and another, until we finally had to stop for a drink.

I had ordered a beer, sipping it slowly, while Zoey and Ro were having cocktails and shots. After a while, Zoey had grabbed Ro to dance with her, and while she was on the floor, I noticed many guys were admiring and attempting to dance with her.

This made my blood boil for some reason. I didn't know why, but the thought of her dancing with another guy who could take advantage of her didn't sit right with me.

After many guys grinding and surrounding the two girls, I decided to go on the floor myself and intervene, I quickly brought Zoey and Ro to a couch and gave them two water bottles to help them sober up.

"Come on Dylan! Dance with us!" Ro slurred. she stood up from the couch and started flapping my hands around. "Ro, you're drunk. Come on sober up" I said encouraging her to drink water.

She laughed groggily and continued. "You know you're mean, but you're lucky you're cute mister." She slurred, pressing her index finger into my chest.

I laughed at the drunken statement helping her back to the couch Zoey sat at. While walking towards the couch, Ro stumbled as she attempted to dance to the music.

when doing so, she bumps into a lady, before barely landing on the couch. "Hey watch it, bitch! God, don't you have a babysitter or something?" The woman commented rudely.

"Sorry, she just had too much to drink there's no reason to insult her," I said hoping the woman would calm down, as I tended to Ro.

When I looked up at the woman, my eyes went cold. It was her. The reason I had left Los Angeles to begin with- is the root of my current conflict. Sutton Quincy.

☀︎︎᯽☀︎︎᯽☀︎