ii

"𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑒, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑒, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑒, 𝑙𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑟, 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑑, 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑑, 𝑤ℎ𝑦'𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡? 𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 �...

"𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑒, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑒, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑒, 𝑙𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑟, 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑑, 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑑, 𝑤ℎ𝑦'𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡? 𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑒, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑒."
___________________________________

Loreleia

"HEY, DID YOU FORGET ANYTHING?" Julia asks with a kind tone and smiles on her face. I fiddled my fingers. "Oh um no that's not it, I- My car broke down, I might need a jumpstart. I'm so sorry you probably don't want some stranger-" I was cut off.

"Come on, you helped my brother when he was drunk, something I consider a friend, would do." She sighed.

"My parents and I don't carry jumper cables but I think Dylan has them." I smiled at the way she was so inviting, something that reminded me of Zoey.

"I don't know what I should do in the meantime," I mumble under my breath. "I don't really know how to jumpstart a car. I'm sure Dylan could help if he wasn't passed out on the couch right now." I smiled and she laughed.

"Alright well If it's alright, can I crash in my car in the meantime?" I said and she nodded offering me blankets.

"Julia?" "Hmm?" "Why are you and your family so nice to me, I mean isn't it weird, I just met your family, hell, an hour ago your brother was on the floor of the bar I work at. Why are you helping me?" I said genuinely wondering.

"Because you helped us." She said.

What does that mean? Did I help them? I think back to when she told me his name. Dylan O'Brien. I couldn't identify it.

After the O'Briens let me crash in my car on the driveway, I grabbed my phone and typed his name in.

Dylan O'Brien was famous? That's what worried the family? I know it's hard, Zoey used to call me about how she hated tabloids and how they influenced her family.

The next day I wake up early, hopefully getting to my college lecture on time.

I walked up to the door after folding the blankets they lent me and knocked. Julia opened the door and smiled softly.

"Hi, uhm, good morning," I said nervously because of the awkward exchange. "Hi Rory, good morning to you as well. This is my husband, Patrick." Lisa said hugging Patrick's side in the corner of the doorway.

"I um, I have a lecture in an hour, I don't wanna bother you any more than I have to, but do you think I could get that jumpstart now?" I say not wanting to step any boundaries of the family I barely know.

"Sure, come in, you can wake Dylan up, just let him know," Julia said leading me to the couch on which he slept.

I slowly walk over to Dylan and I poke his shoulder repeatedly. Eventually, his hazel eyes fluttered and stared at me before confusion washed over his face.

𖧵Dylan𖧵

"WHAT THE FUCK? Who are you? What are you doing at my parent's house? Are you the bartender from last night?" I inquired with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah and I kind of need a jumpstart. Your sister said you could help," She retorted. My sister? Did she meet Julia? What the hell is going on?

She walks away from the couch and eventually stops in her path. "Come on! The jumper cables can't jump by themselves!" She proclaimed, clapping her hands demandingly.

I follow her outside, heading to my car to get jumper cables and connected them with both her and my car.

After a few attempts to start her car, the engine successfully turned over, a small humming coming from it.

She steps out of her car and closes the hood, and approaches me. "Thanks for the boost," She breathed. I stared at her, urging to know who she was and why she is there.

"I hate to ask but, what the hell are you doing here? I don't even know your name," I shared with her, wondering if she can fulfill my curiosity.

She laughs. "I know what you mean. what do you remember from last night?" She requested, which left me feeling nervous about the lack of memory I have.

"I uhm, I remember entering the bar, and asking you for a strong drink. I remember saying 'surprise me' and you did," I smile looking back at the mere flash of a memory that I have.

"and that's all I remember," I explained, even though another memory lingers in the back of my head.

I remember her blank expression when I made eye contact with her, with no surprise, or shock.

It felt nice to know she didn't recognize me just because of the roles I play. I admit I love my job, I just didn't realize the minimal privacy that came with it.

"Oh well, to wrap up last night, you got wasted, fell on your ass, I drove you here and you passed out on my back seat. Your mom and sister kept asking me what was going on, and told me your name, asking if I recognized you and it was weird to ask, but I told them I had met you an hour ago. Then my car wouldn't turn on and Julia said you could help me. I have a class this morning and I couldn't miss it so I just stayed here and slept in my car, and- Oh my god I'm rambling," She blurted, mentally cursing herself. I laughed at the adorable realization and she breathed, starting again.

"Okay so after I got in my car, I looked up your name," Oh god. She is gonna do the same thing every fucking person does: ask for a picture, post it on social media and then, everyone will know where I am. I can't have that.

She noticed my demeanor and began. "I didn't know you were an actor. That's cool. I mean if you're worried I'm gonna tell e! news anything, don't worry I hate them too,"

She winks and a wave of relief washed over me as I felt like the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders.

"Thanks. I mean, for everything," I stuttered, as she smiled softly back at me. "No problem, I'll see you around Dylan."

"You too," I hesitated not knowing her name. "Rory," she retorted, walking to her car and driving out of the neighborhood.

Rory. What a beautiful name.

☀︎︎᯽☀︎︎᯽☀︎︎