epilogue

"𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙, 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑓𝑙𝑒𝑤 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ, 𝑠𝑜 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑎𝑛 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑛 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑒

"𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙, 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑓𝑙𝑒𝑤 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ, 𝑠𝑜 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑎𝑛 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑛 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑒."
_______________________________

Loreleia

4 years later

I sat in the rocking chair on the patio, letting the breeze blow through my hair. Silence. A rarity in this house.

"Mommy! Mommy! Catch me!" My 3-year-old daughter Juniper said running toward me. She had the most beautiful hazel eyes and brown hair, just like her father.

"What's wrong, my love? Why are you running?" I asked her as she giggled into my arms. "Daddy's chasing me!" She exclaimed. Dylan entered the room with a bright smile and sauntered to us.

"I found you!" He exclaimed as he took Juniper into a tight hug. He stood up after releasing her. "Hey June-bug, go wash your hands and get ready for dinner, hmm? I got to talk to Mommy for a second." 

Juniper skipped into the bathroom. Dylan extended his hand for me and I took it. He held me in his arms and I chuckled. "What are you doing?"

"Dance with me, my beautiful wife." He said as he swayed me from side to side. He kissed me as we danced, and my heart burst.

After Dylan's accident a few years ago,
I've learned not to take a moment for granted. When Dylan woke up, He defied the odds. The doctors weren't sure if he would wake up because of how much blood he lost and if he would have any physical or psychological damage.

Luckily, the bleeding had stopped just in time and he only had a few broken ribs, a concussion, and a fractured knee. After a week in the hospital, Dylan was released.

Three months later, Dylan's knee was considered healed. Not even a month later, he got down on one knee and proposed, in front of our family and friends. I said yes, obviously. Not long after, I found out I was pregnant with Juniper.

So here we are, three years into our marriage, and every day it feels like I'm falling in love with him over and over again. Dylan let go of my hands and placed them on my stomach, whispering.

"How's the little guy?" I let out a short laugh. "Still convinced it's a boy, huh?" He nods against my chest. "It's called a paternal instinct, Princess. I know it's a boy."

I giggle as his arms envelop me in a hug. We decided to find out the gender when the baby was born, so we wouldn't stress about names. Dylan's lips press to mine and my heart pounds. "I love you, my husband." He smiles. "I love you till the world ends, my wife."

Three months later, we welcomed Dakota Callahan O'Brien to our family. Although I still get disapproving remarks from my parents, my father managed to come around and he visits more often.

Zoey always visits, and we hear all about Juni's adventures with Aunt Zo, which makes me smile each time. Despite the challenges we faced, Dylan and I persevered.

I even managed to publish a book. I love our little family and I can't wait for what's next in our story.

---The End---

a/n: that's a wrap! thank you to my amazing readers and to everyone who helped encouraged me to make this story. in the future I may post some more social media manips for this fanfic, but, since it's finished, I will be editing it and then it will be a complete story. Thank you again,
-lisa

 Thank you again, -lisa