The first assembly

KEN POV

Today is the assembly. It's long, and boring, and nothing I haven't heard before; the others are excited though.
I slouch towards the back, watching the little plump man that's the principal mount the stage. He's wearing his own Snow White power suit to match our own.
"Hello and welcome to crystal high! It's your senior year!" He sounds overly jubilant. He's not the only one either.
The sky is the only thing that's as quiet as I am.
Stars cemented to the sky, coated in electric blue.
It's odd to think they don't always have a film over them, like there's a way of seeing the sky without a forcefield in between.
"Now I have a special surprise for all of you. Our first guest speaker this year will be no other than the current head of council, Veronica Kelly!"
My eyes shoot back to the stage. I've always wondered who her successor will be. What it would be like to be a main pillar in the maintenance of our world.
"Good evening students. It's nice to see some familiar faces and I welcome you again to Alasia," her eyes are trained on east dormitory students like they all just stepped out of the other world.
Chuckles roll around this side of the auditorium. She looks like she is preparing to eat the students.
"Most of you should know that I am the president of the highest ranking university in our dimension, and became head of council at 22, around the same time most of you will graduate from university. I was young and scared. My father died when I was only sixteen, leaving me and my sister the leaders of a whole dimension at the age we could only drive in the other world. It was a lot, to put it lightly. But if I gave up, then I would be putting his memory to shame. And that, my dear students, is what I couldn't bear the most. Because my father is the reason I do all of this--to make an Alasia he saw as possible.
The real difference between normal and exceptional is your mentality. No matter what happens, if you choose to push through, you are capable of reaching your dreams. And that is how I am standing here today as head of council and president of the highest ranking university in this dimension, making a world my father saw possible a reality.
And I believe that each one of you has that potential to fulfilled your dreams too." 
Her fingers hold up her thin gold necklace, at the end of which is a large crystal glowing black as night.
"After all, at the end of the day, this is why we're all here, isn't it? Because we're special. We've been chosen to be a part of this great dimension's history. Because without this!" She holds up the crystal again. "We would all be powerless, and unable to protect this great place we call home.
The Crystal Core chose us for a reason, and I'm here to pick out that talent and foster it into something spectacular.
But that isn't to say there won't be rules you have to live by to achieve that.
For a university like mine you need to exhibit traits like hard work, exceptional talent, and the ability to take orders. This dimension is a unit and we work as a unit. Those who can't keep up, can't be a part of its greatness and must be humble enough to step down.
If you think the crystal should chose you to be a part of alasia's highest ranking university, now's the time to ask--what makes me unique?
And if you don't think the crystal will choose you to be a part of the highest ranking university, now's the time to ask yourself if you even deserve to try to get in." There's a smirk that she adds at the end of this sentence.
"And, finally, if you think you do have what it takes, and you think my University won't pick you, this is your year to shatter my expectations. Bring it on," she looks straight at the east dormitory students again with cold brown eyes. It's intentional. The speech is meant to be enthralling. She's provoking them.
"Quiet!" The squat little principal wails.
Veronica Kelly takes the moment to pause. Then a wide grin escapes her lips.
"Welcome seniors to your final year of high school at Crystal High, and your last year before the most thrilling adventure of your life. See you next year," and with that she shakes hands with the principal and then saunters towards the exit. I roll my eyes, and as I do my eyes find white blonde. My brows crease. I've never seen such light hair. I wait for the person to turn towards a friend or look back towards the main exit but they just keep looking up at the sniveling principal now stepping up to the microphone.
I look around, but no one is trying to get the blonde's attention. They're alone. It's odd to see in a room jam packed with people.
"What's up?" Kally asks me trying to figure out what my eyes are fixed on. I turn away from the blonde and smile at Kally.
"Trying to figure out who I'm going to target first after month one," I feel my dimples form, as I look back up towards the principal.
He smiles, trying to corner everyone's attention and failing. He talks about more rules, mentions a warning about the grace period the first month and last month that we spend here. He also mentions the dorm count that will be displayed on the classroom building for the rest of the year. Whoever has the most students who stay through the year will have a scholarship going into the new school year. That is, if they make it through the school year. That's all I have room for attention wise before I start to feel the weight of the coming first period class that I have.
They will predict my power in my first period class— power management.