A written final

KEN POV

Tomorrow is the written exam. No matter how hard anyone has studied there's no guarantees of passing. And not only that. After that we have to pack because during the daylight we take the shuttle to the allotted space where the final takes place.

I thought for some reason Kally would be more clingy as the time for the final came but I was wrong. She's nowhere to be seen. In fact. I've spent the last few hours studying all by myself in my room. Not even Luke is studying with me.

Not to mention the others. At this point I have no idea where they are. Our last lesson with rose Cummings happened on Sunday in the morning and she cut it short because she got a call from someone important according to her.

I'm not really concerned about the material at this point. Anything I could possibly want to learn is at the forefront of my mind. The day seems almost like it's passing too slowly. The more written exams I take the more I'm sure I studied enough, albeit for this section. There was nothing that could prepare me for the next section of the final. The part where I had to go into the forest and get my crystal. There was nothing really that they specified for that part only that after two hours the force field would go down and the judges would be recording us after that point. Whatever it is that they're planning, it can't be as simple as that.

My eyes stare up at the ceiling after class, my packed bag stuffed full of all of my belongings sitting by my side. In fifteen minutes I have to get up and get onto the shuttle towards the final. I'll have to somehow pass the test I feel so woefully unprepared for. The time slips by so slowly it feels infinite. I run through the list of things that I have, and the things that I can't leave behind. Everything I can think of to keep my mind off of the moment I've been waiting my whole life for.