Broken bones

TERRENCE

A shiver runs down my spine as high above the forcefield begins to deteriorate. It takes all of 5 seconds for the creatures to enter the enclosure. I can hear them.
Tentacles sliding over leaves, paws hammering on the ground, wings flitting through the trees. They're coming.
I hear a high pitched scream and throw a wall of ice above me. The ice shoots into the air and strikes a cannery, it freezes on impact and plummets towards the ground. I move out of the way, as the bird crumples on the ground.
A tentacle latches onto my foot with its powerful suction cups, and pulls me to the ground. I fall hard and shriek in pain. I can hear my shin crunch in its strong grip.
The pain feels blinding as I transform my arm into a spike of ice, I plunge it into the creature, that now showers me in black blood. A guttural screech falls out of its mouth, the sound filled with blood. And then it loosens its grip on my leg.
There's a brief sigh of relief that emits from my mouth, and then the pain doubles.
What do I do? I can't walk on it. And I'm not hopping away. I've killed two, more are coming I can hear them. I still need to kill eight, but my bone is shattered. And then I remember it. The hover board. I riffle through my pocket for the orb as the ground vibrates with the footsteps of a menta.
In my opinion, a menta is the worst way to go.
They're the only guardian that eats their prey. Not only that, but they do it while you're still living.
I press down on the button, watching the glass like board fold out into my hand. I put it on the ground, and set my feet on it gingerly. There's the sound of suction as my feet are cemented to the board. It now hovers above the ground, filling with crystallized ice. My bone fills with fire as I put as much weight as I can on one leg. I guess I'll have to use my watch to control the directions.
I hear the snap of a jaw and turn my head, my board following the direction. I can at least move. I put as much weight as I can on my unbroken leg, it feels like my leg is being pulled apart every time I move.
I transform my arm into an ice spike and extend it through the creature as a bird swoops down on me.
With my other hand I spray ice at the creature, freezing it up above me. My eyes dart around, looking for more. There's no more in this area. I have to move.
How many am I at now?
I count in my head, my leg throbbing to the rapid beat of my heart. I can't die during the final, but I already know there has to be internal bleeding.
I know I'll regenerate, but will they let me pass?