I thought I was on time

TERRENCE POV

The second I see it I know I've seen one before. The key to a map maker is their drawings of maps are like a signature. Now there could be a copy of the map that I saw but there's this haunted piece of me that doesn't believe that.
My dad always used those maps. Any time he went on a mission he would bring them. They were one of his most valuable possessions. Were our parents on the same side? Were they rfriends back in crystal high? And what about that class that Amy and Katie are taking in the room?

I know who I have to ask. The teacher who I saw with Katie and Amy, rose Cummings.

The trip back to the dorm is only interrupted by two holographic griffies teaming together to take us all down. They're no match. Within minutes there's a knife wedged in their heads, their bodies disintegrating into pixels.
"One tried to pull me under the bed this morning," Ken says.
"I forgot to wear my power suit to bed," he complains.
"I have cream for that back at the dorm," comments Kally.
He agrees to try it out before the two groups of us go out separate says. The sun is coming up now, bringing with it a new day for us to sleep through.
And tomorrow, the first day of classes back at the school since the incident. I haven't been looking forward to this.
When people are all scrambled around it's harder to tell we're missing a section of the students. But class makes it impossible not to notice their absences.
"Tomorrow's gonna be hard I guess," Amy says as we get back to the dorm.
"Better get some sleep before all hell breaks loose," I sigh.
We all head back to the dorm.
The second we walk through the door though, I know something's wrong.
The door slides shut behind us like it always does. But some one stands in front of it.
Ima, Howie, and her squad are standing in the common room.
"You know what the best part of having power suits is? You can feel the pain, and it won't kill you," she laughs.
This isn't good.
"Katie, Amy, I don't want you out of my sight."
"Oh, I won't," I hear a click and look down.
I hadn't noticed that Amy had grabbed an extension to her ice summoner gun while we were in the mall.
"Ima I'm glad we finally have something we agree on."
Within seconds there's a spiked bullet in each of them. Their bodies shiver as Amy charges at them.
There's a punch to the jaw. Someone comes up behind her, which she ducks and plants a punch in their gut. Howie shoots an ice ball at her. She winces as the hard surface bounces off her skin.
Within seconds I've frozen him to the wall.
"Don't steal all the fun," my eyes lock on one of the other members who seems to be charging a fire ball. I freeze it in his hands. He drops to the floor, the giant bowling ball sized ice block now far heavier than the fire.
"Katie run to your room!" I yell.
And then I twist around.
"Sorry, she's not going anywhere," one of the other kids has her pinned against him. Katie looks up at his face and then tries to shove a knife in his direction. He catches it.
"It's funny you're not in your helmet," and before any of us can do anything he pulls back her long blonde pony tail and chops it off using her knife.
Her hair falls around her face. Barely touching her jawline.
There's tears in her eyes, her hands lifting towards where her hair had been.
"Get lost loser. We don't need riff raff like you in our dorm." They spit as they saunter down the hall.
Katie slumps to the ground where her hair lies. I don't even know what to say.