A bit of chemistry

LUKE POV

When Ken is back to full strength I tell him about what Kally said.
"It's a good idea," he's laying down on his bed with his arms behind his head.
I thought It would be harder to persuade him.
"Always good to be safe," he says.
I furrow my brows.
"Safe? When have you ever been safe?"
"I always take safety into account."
"Yeah, maybe for a second. And then you decide to throw it out the window."
"Exactly." He smiles as he gets up. "Speaking of which, Friday is coming soon so I'm going to go back to my room and get stuff ready." He smiles.
I wouldn't mind some alone time to write down my research from his latest episode.
Once I've said goodbye I go straight to the lab. The teacher is sitting at his desk when I get there.
"Well hello!" He says jovially. I smile back.
"Good evening."
"I was just hoping I wouldn't have to do my grading by myself." He laughs.
I walk over to the chemistry supplies and get working.
Recently I've been trying to figure out what to do about Ken.
Nothing I ever do seems to work.
After about an hour the teacher comes up to me.
"You seem to be working hard," he says as he leans his elbows against the counter top.
"What are you working on?"
"I need to find something that gives up surplus power."
He looks at me curiously.
"Whys that?"
"Because I think my friend has void overflow."
The man goes as pale as a sheet.
"Sir," I say. He looks awful.
"I would advise you to stay away from that student," He sounds like he's trying to warn me. Like there's something more to this.
"What do you mean?" I ask. The man looks back at his desk.
"I do believe it's time I go back to grading my students work." He's walking away.
Before I can stop myself I grab his arm.
"Sir, you know something. Please he's going to die of this if I don't do something."
His body slumps and he mumbles something unintelligible.
"What did you say?"
"He'll die from it either way." He says it once more before jerking his arm away and heading towards his desk.
I freeze.
"You don't know that! You can't," the man turns around his eyes filled with sorrow.
"There's no way to create energy. Only transfer it." He says before picking up his pen again.
My fists clench together. He's so quiet. What does he know? What on earth could he know?
But nothing I tell myself helps me sleep at night. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again my best friend dies in front of me. And I can do absolutely nothing to save him.