Chap #7

Ashtons POV

"Hey Mikey I have a lyric" I adjusted on my stool. "What" he yawned. "I wish it was you and me, just you and me all the time. Just like our first and last touch" I sighed. "That's deep dude, I can't even see you any more" he chuckled and scribbled it down. I shook my head and took a sip of coffee. "Mi-Michael" I stuttered. He let out a snore. I'm alone now, I wonder where Calum is.
'Hey'
'Hey Ashton'
'What are you doing'
'I'm at Lukes RN'
'Can I come over'
'I'll ask'
'K'

I set my phone down on a drum. "Fuck, fuck,fuck" that's all that I managed out. My phone dinged. 'Sure' 'I'll be over in a little'

Cali's POV

"When can I shower" I whined through the phone to Luke. "Give a bit" he responded. "What are you doing today" I asked playing with my shirt. "I'm taking Calum and Ashton out to eat" I could hear footsteps in the background. "Mum I'm fine seriously" Luke covered. "Alright Luke, I miss you and love you" we did this a lot. "Bye mum" he hung up. My door opened and Peyton ran in. "Hey" she whispered. "Hey" she sat on my bed. "We are leaving Sunday right" she asked. "Yeah" I sat up. "I'm going to the KCAs right" she asked. I nodded and sighed remembering Calum was downstairs. "I'm going back to my den" she left.

I just wish I didn't have to deal with this. I could just be friends with the boys. I could be doing a lot right now and enjoy it. I would be with my friends an Luke's friends. BUT NOOOoooo..... I can't because publicity is bad and out of control. Yet a college of thousands of people know I'm related to him and that's fine.

"Cali" Luke whispered opening my door. "What Luke" I sneered. "Walk into Panera with your friends so you can talk to Calum, please" he asked. "Fine" I got up to go. "Thanks" he walked out and ran downstairs. My door creaked open. I decided to get up and get ready. Shorts and a t-shirt was too hot for California but it was like Arizona. I opened my door and went to Peyton's room "Get ready to go somewhere" I whispered knocking. "Ok" I passed over to Madi's room. "Madi get ready to go somewhere" I said and knocked. "K" I heard her bed creak. Peyton came out in black shorts and a gray muscle tank. Madi came out in denim shorts and a blue sweater. "It's a little hot for a sweater" Peyton mumbled. "It's never too hot for a sweater" Madi said pulling down her sleeves. "Ok we have to go to Panera" I said asking for directions from my phone. The map told us where to go.

Luke's POV

I bounced my leg as we sat and waited for our number to be called. "47" a voice called from the counter. I went and grabbed the two trays of food. Ashton just played with his food and so did Calum. "So what's up" Michael asked eating his food. "Nothing really" I smiled. All that could be heard from Calum and Ashton were mumbles. "Guys they were two girls, get a hold of yourselves" I sighed. The bell rang on the door and I looked over. A big fat guy walked in followed by Cali and her friends. Cali flashed me a smile.

Cali's POV

"He's over there" I nodded towards them. "Lets order something then sit close around them" Madi whispered. "K" I said an walked to the counter. We ordered some teas and sat down two booths away. "51" I heard the girl call out. "I got it" Madi stood up and walked to the counter. She came back and I heard someone gasp. I looked past Peyton and saw Ashton look at Madi. Madi fixed her sleeve and looked down. "Here you go" she set down the drinks. "Thanks Mads" I said and took a sip. "Hey ladies" Michael said scooting Peyton over in the booth. "Hey Mikey" Madi sighed. "Hey Pey" he smiled. "Hey Michael" she put her lips in a line. "Hey Cali Calum wants to talk to you" he smiled and left. I got up and felt my hands shake a little. "Hey Cali" all the boys chimed. "Hey" I waved shakily. "Here sit" Luke scooted over. I sat down. "Cali what are you doing tonight" Calum asked. "I don't know" I shrugged. "How about a bonfire on the beach" he asked. "Sure" I got up and walked back to the table. "How about a bonfire tonight" I asked sitting down. "I'm up for it" Peyton said setting her drink down. "Who's going to be there" Madi asked. "Let me go check" I got and walked over. "What's up" Ashton asked. "Who's going to be at the bonfire" I asked. "Us four and I'm guessing you three" Calum shrugged. "K" I walked back and sat down. "Them and us" I grabbed my cup. "I guess I'll go" Madi shrugged. "Yay" Peyton smiled. We got up to leave. "Hey see you at 10 at the beach" Calum waved. I waved and walked out. He was happy for now.

I grabbed a chair and a blanket from the closet and so did Luke, Madi, and Peyton. "Let's go girls" Luke said walking out into the garage where Madi's jeep was. "Luke I'm dropping you off a block away so nothing is expected" Madi said putting her stuff in the back. "Kk Mad-ee" he hopped in the passenger seat. "L really Mad-ee" Madi laughed. "Yes M" he chuckled back. "Old nicknames are coming back I see" I laughed. "A little" Madi shrugged and pulled out. "Hey, why is your guitar in the back" Peyton asked. "Having a bonfire without music and your friends brother is in a band what do you expect" Luke shrugged. "A normal day without fuss or music" Madi shrugged. I saw a smile creep on Luke's face in the mirror. They are keeping something. "Luke get out" Madi stopped and let Luke out. "Wow you're nice" he laughed. He went back and grabbed his stuff. Madi kept driving to the beach. "Here we are" she said pulling into a parking spot. "Let's go" I hopped out and grabbed my stuff from the back. "Hey ladies" I heard Calum yell. "Hey Cal" I yelled back. Madi locked the jeep and muttered something. We walked out to the boys and Luke was trotting behind us. Madi set her chair away from everybody and fumbled with her hands. "Hey Madi" Luke whispered. She looked up to see who said her name. "Meet me over there" he pointed to a big rock. She grabbed her blanket and so did Luke. They left and Calum, Peyton, Ashton, Michael, and I all talked amongst ourselves. "Where are you all from" Ashton asked. "I'm from Australia" I coughed. "I'm from somewhere in the US but I don't remember but I grew up in Australia" Peyton smiled. "Where's Madi from" Ashton asked. "Texas but lived in Australia for two years then moved back" I shrugged. "Where do you go to university" Michael asked. "University of Arizona" Peyton said. We sat and talked the whole night. Ashton once in awhile looked over towards Luke and Madi. "You girls are really nice you know" Calum said staring at me. "Thank you Cal" I nodded. "Your welcome Cal" he smiled. 'I ship Calum forever' Peyton texted me. I smiled and texted 'me too😂'

Luke's POV

"Madison what's wrong" I whispered to her. "It so awkward L" she whispered. "Sit down" I said laying out my blanket. She nodded and sat down. "It's fine he hasn't said anything about it" I shrugged. "But I haven't either to anybody and I feel like worse and worse every minute" she sighed. "Shh shh it fine Madi" I hugged her and covered us up with her blanket. She drew a deep breath and sighed. "Relax" I knew she was having a panic attack.

Awe AWE AWEEEWWWWAWE. IM SORRY IM STUPID BYE.
ILY.

THIS SONG IS MY ANTHEM
Half a Heart by 1D

So your friend's been telling me
You've been sleeping with my sweater
And that you can't stop missing me
Bet my friend's been telling you
I'm not doing much better
'Cause I'm missing half of me

And being here without you is like I'm waking up to

Only half a blue sky
Kinda there but not quite
I'm walking around with just one shoe
I'm half a heart without you
I'm half a man at best,
With half an arrow in my chest
I miss everything we do,
I'm half a heart without you

Forget all we said that night
No, it doesn't even matter
'Cause we both got split in two
If you could spare an hour or so,
We'll go for lunch down by the river
We can really talk it through

And being here without you is like I'm waking up to

Only half a blue sky
Kinda there but not quite
I'm walking around with just one shoe
I'm half a heart without you
I'm half a man at best,
With half an arrow in my chest
'Cause I miss everything we do,
I'm half a heart without you

Half a heart without you,
I'm half a heart without you

Though I try to get you out of my head
The truth is I got lost without you
And since then I've been waking up to

Only half a blue sky (only half a blue sky)
Kinda there but not quite
I'm walking around with just one shoe
I'm half a heart without you
I'm half a man at best (half a man at best)
With half an arrow in my chest
I miss everything we do,
I'm half a heart without you

Without you, without you, half a heart without you
Without you, without you, I'm half a heart without you