Chap #9

Madi's POV

"Is everybody ready" Cali asked grabbing her bag. "I think so" Peyton huffed adjusting her bag. "Thank you girls for staying" Luke smiled. "Thanks for having us" Peyton gave him a quick hug and walked out. "Bye Luke thanks for letting us all stay" Cali hugged her brother and walked out. "Hey can you unlock this" Peyton yelled from the garage. "Yeah" I felt around my pockets. They are upstairs in my nightstand. I dropped my bags and made a sprint up the stairs and grabbed them. "Madi, what's goin on" Luke screamed. "I forgot my keys" I jingled them. "Oh ok" he smiled and walked to the garage. I unlocked it an let them in. "Well I'll see you in two weeks" I faked a smile. "I'll see you then" he faked a smile back. I stood there awkwardly playing with my long sleeves. He stepped forward and hugged me crying. "I'll miss you so much" he cried on my shirt. "I'll miss you too" I felt tears reach my eyes. "Call me ok" he sobbed. "I will" I whispered. "I love you" he managed to stop crying. "I love you too" I smiled and held his hands. "See you later M" he smiled. "See you then L" I bit my lip and grabbed my bags. "Here I got this" he grabbed my bags and stepped out. "Thanks Luke" I popped open the trunk and handed my keys to Peyton "start the jeep". She nodded and walked off. Luke set my bags in and closed the trunk. "Have this" he put a ticket in my hand "a VIP ROWYSO ticket and backstage pass" he whispered. "You don't have to really" I pushed it back. "Please" he smiled. "Fine, for you" I put it in my pocket. "Hey, I have something else for you" he smiled. "Wh-" before I could finish he pressed his lips against mine. He grinned from ear to ear "I've waited more than I should have for that moment" he laughed. "Ditto" I gave him one last hug and walked to the drivers seat."Let's go" Cali smiled. "Let's do this" I smiled back.

Cali's POV

Madi started the car and once we left the residential area, I turned on the radio full blast. "HAPPY" I screamed to Peyton over the music. "YEAH" she screeched. We drove on until we reached a small town in California. "Pull over up ahead at the BP" Peyton danced in her seat a bit. Madi turned off onto a side road. "Thank you" Peyton got out right when Madi parked. "I'll go in and get some thing's for our trip" I said pulling out money. "I'll fill up" she said pulling out of the spot to a gas pump. I walked into the store and to the food aisle. I grabbed a bag of jerky, chips, and fruit snack things. Then I walked over and grabbed a thing of water. Walking to the checkout I grabbed a few bags of candy. The cashier scanned everything.

*beep...beep...beep*

"37.98" the woman in her 20's said politely. "Here" I handed her 38 dollars. "Thank you have a nice day" I grabbed the bags and headed out. Madi was finishing filling up her jeep and Peyton was in the back. Peyton opened the door and grabbed the stuff out of my hands. Madi hopped in and started it. I buckled my seatbelt and we were off. "Let's go back to the funniest place on Earth" I sighed. "Woohoo" Peyton cheered sarcastically.

*in Tucson, Arizona*

"Here we are" Madi said pulling into a college parking spot. "Yeah" I sighed. We hopped out and grabbed our bags. We walked across the parking lot avoiding cars. When we entered Samantha and her slut gang walked up to us. "You need to stay the fuck away from Calum because he's mine" she spat. "I'm sorry what, I can't hear anything over your lies" Madi sneered. "Back off of Calum" she sneered. "I thought you loved Luke" Peyton over exaggerated loved. "I can't love all of 3 of the boys" she smiled. I watched Madi restrain from punching her upside the head. "I don't think your brother is best friends with him or that he actually likes you" I smiled and walked away. "Wow, she's such a nice person" Peyton chuckled. "I know" Madi laughed. "I don't think we will ever meet a bigger waste of life" I shook my head. We took the elevator to our room. I decided to call Luke.

"Hey Luke"
"Hey Cali"
"Hey L" Madi screamed
"Hey Luke" Peyton screamed
"Are you in Arizona yet"
"Yeah"
"Is it nice there"
"Its not like Cali, are you in Sydney"
"No, in a few more hours we will be"
"Tell mom I love her"
"Kk"
"How's Calum"
"Fine"
"Hey, if I tell you something promise not to tell Madi"
"Sure"
"I have a girlfriend"
"Woah, good job Lucas"
"I know, her name is Delilah"
"Send me a picture"
"I will in a little, it's late"
"Ok, call me when you get to Sydney"
"Will do"
"Bye, love you"
"Bye Cal, love you"

He hung up and I watched Madi glare at me. "What" I asked. "I heard what he said" she frowned. I didn't know how to react so I started to unpack. She huffed and rushed out of the room phone in hand. I looked at Peyton and she shrugged.

Madi's POV

He said he loved me. He kissed me. He gave me this ticket. Did he really mean any of what her ever said to me. I pulled out my keys and ended up in the band room. The piano stood there mocking me. I rushed over tears draining from my eyes. A folder fell off the piano and I looked through it. "Choir songs" I gasped. I pulled out a few songs when I froze. Hallelujah. He used to sing this at our Christmas talent show. My phone was on top of the piano and I pressed record. I positioned it and the music on the piano and plunked the first chord. Soon my fingers were carried away playing on the keys.

Well I heard there was secret chord that
David played and it pleased the lord.
But you don't really care for music do you
Well it goes like this:
The fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah...

Well your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrough ya
She tied you to her kitchen chair
She broke your throne and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah...

My voice cracked and tears streamed down my eyes.

Baby I've been here before
I've seen this room and I've walked this floor (you know)
I used to live alone before I knew ya
And I've seen your flag on the marble arch
And love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah...

There was a time when you let me know
What's really going on below
But now you never show that to me do ya
But remember when I moved in you
And the holy dove was moving too
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah...

Maybe there's a God above
But all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya
And it's not a cry that you hear at night
It's not somebody who's seen the light
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah...

I pushed stop recording and posts it to YouTube not knowing what I was doing and named it Hallelujah- Madi Grafs

I'm almost in tears because of this. My bio and location and username has changed so check it out.
Also suggest things if you have an idea.

I love you all💕