Chapter 8

Hey guys! It's me, the author. I'm so glad a lot of you are reading this series! It means a lot to me. I have been putting a lot of effort into it and appreciate you guys reading it. Feel free to leave suggestions of characters or events or any questions you have either in the comments or by messaging me. I will get back to you on them as soon as I can. Listen, I know you might be shocked about last chapter's ending and I'm sorry. This is my story and I wanted to put an interesting twist to it. Thank you for reading my series and here is chapter 8.
------------------------------------------------------
"What?" I asked, shocked. 'How could her dad be the president?' I thought.

Paige nodded. "After the explosion, I changed into this form. I was standing in front of my dad's desk talking to him about hanging out with my friends that weekend. After I changed, he got out of his chair and backed up. I told him it was alright and that there was nothing to worry about. He replied 'It's ok honey. Just remember, I love you.' Then fell to the ground. I hoped over his desk and checked his pulse. He was dead. I cried for a minute before leaving the room to check on everyone else. They were all dead except for a couple agents who had turned into hawk hybrids. They grabbed me and flew into a forest in Iowa which took a couple days. We spent about a week there and When I woke up one morning, they were gone. I then traveled to the forest here and found you a couple days later." She explained.

"What were their names?" Chase asked, standing next to me. He was leaning on the wall before that.

"Jed and Garret. Why?" Paige answered.

I felt Chase stiffen. "They were my brothers friends. They were in the group I was in and killed in the battle that Karly and Ande fought in the clearing that my brother's group lived." He explained.

"What battle?" Paige questioned.

I then explained everything from where we heard the explosion. "Then we build the watch towers, found you, and yea. You know the rest." I finished.

"I understand. When do I start the lookout?" Paige said.

"Now. Here is your bag and go. Do you know the way?" Ande replied, handing her a brown bag.

"Yes I do. I will see you in the morning!" Paige called while exiting the room.

We were silent for a couple minutes. Kyle started pacing the room and Chase followed soon after. We finally decided to go outside and hang out in the library. I picked out a book about traps I could set up and started reading.

"Okay. We have to do something. What should we do?" Ande announced.

"I'm reading about traps we could use to defend the house. Want to set some up?" I suggested.

"Perfect. What do we need?" Ande agreed.

"Rope, wood, hammers, leaves, and nets." I listed.

"I'll get that and meet you outside." Kyle volunteered. He then left the room.

"We better go outside. I'll find places for the traps. Hand me that book would ya, Karly?" Chase sighed.

I handed him the book and we walked outside. Ande and I waited by the door for Kyle while Chase marked spots for traps. Kyle came back 5 minutes later, right as Chase walked up.

"Here's the supplies." Kyle grunted while putting down piles of nets, rope, and wood in front of us. He also set down 2 hammers and 2 garbage bags of leaves down next to the piles.

"Thank you Kyle. Everyone take something and follow Chase so we could start setting up the traps." Ande instructed.

That's just what we did. Chase grabbed the hammers, Ande the leaves, me the net and rope, and Kyle took the wood. We followed Chase around setting up the traps as we went. One trap was a net on the ground covered with leaves that was hooked up to the tree so that when something stepped on it, the net would fold around them, suspending them in the air.