Chapter 17

Over the next week, we build another layer of traps inside the already existing perimeter of traps. We did this so that if the dragon's fly over the first layer then they won't know about the second layer. We also put a wall of betting on the inside of the second trap layer too, to keep the dragon hybrids from dodging the second trap layer. The net wall was as tall as the trees.

Now the prey was scarcer than ever, the dragon hybrids must have thought of that sense we blew up all of their resources. What they don't know is that we have a surplus amount of food in storage. They also don't know about our farm and blacksmith.

We found an elephant hybrid on Saturday. He had grey elephant skin, large elephant ears, a trunk, tusks, a small tail with hair on the end, and the legs and feet of an elephant. His arms did have the elephant skin but they had the shape of human hands at the end. His has dark brown hair and green eyes. His name is Valin and he is a little on the chubbier side, but he is really strong and fast.

The food was harvested on Wednesday. We had enough wheat to make 20 pieces of bread per capita, 15 tomatoes, 30 heads of lettuce, 150 strawberries, 40 apples, 35 tomatoes, and 35 oranges. Now we had a surplus of meat and fruit vis a vis the dragon hybrids.

Each day I sent two hawk hybrids to fly above the dragon base to look at the progress of its rebuilding and each day they were making little to no process. That was good for us but bad for them.

I also had everyone help build a wall connecting the towers. Where they peers crossed the river, the towers Hadrian bars going from the wall right above the river to the bottom of the river. This was to keep water and fish flowing. There was no gate to the wall sense we had the tunnels. When the wall reached a tunnel, a door was put in the tunnels to separate the forest and the house.

After the building was done, we went back to resting and building up our strength.