Chapter 9

"Dammit Loki, that was my last one!" said Harry angrily.

They were currently in some run-down hotel, and Harry had just popped back into England for some treacle tart. Even with the news that he was essentially the only one to off Lilith and Voldemort, he hadn't let it change him.

Right now though the sugar-crazed angel was stealing his last treacle tart.

"Make some more!" cackled Loki. He knew Harry had a knack for sweets, which was half the reason why he let Harry hang around him.

"It was a bitch and a half to pop into England for that much!" said Harry, throwing hexes at Loki. Loki had the treat in his hand but had yet to take a bite.

Loki cackled as he ran around the room right up until he tripped on a trunk that had just appeared.

"OOF!"

"The tart!" yelped Harry. He cast a quick hovering charm on the treat and to his relief it was spared.

"Who left this trunk here?" complained Loki as Harry bit into the treacle tart with obvious relish.

The trunk opened up to reveal Fred and George.

"Dude, not cool," complained Loki.

They looked at Harry, who was grinning like a devil.

"He stole my treacle tart, and your appearance just let me get it back," he said smugly.

"We just escaped our shop being burned down," said Fred.

"Ouch. Well, you're welcome to crash with me until Voodletort gets offed," offered Loki.

"So what's the score?" asked Harry.

"Hunters 30, Death Eaters 2," came George.

"We only came here because of the shop being torched. Jumped into the emergency portkey set to land us wherever Loki was and vanished," said Fred.

"Bet Dumbledore's pissed about the hunters," snickered Harry.

"You've never heard such language! Mum was torn between admonishing and respecting him!" laughed Fred.

"Please tell me you have a pensieve Loki!" snickered Harry.

"You bet!" cackled Loki.

~

In the pensieve...

"We must stop them! They are killing people!" said Dumbledore.

"Only those marked, and only the ones who are caught in the act of doing something that would earn the mark," said Moody gruffly.

"Who are these people?" demanded Snape. He had nearly died, twice!

"Hunters, for the most part," answered Moody. He had recognized a few of them.

"Hunters?" said McGonagall sharply. She remembered that term, as Potter had said it was his chosen career path before the toad was dealt with.

"Ay. Hunters are people who've had bad run-ins with things like werewolves, vampires and ghosts or have suffered from a demon attack. Generally they learn that the thing that attacked was real and do something about it. There's a two thousand hunters in England alone," said Moony.

"What exactly do hunters do?" asked McGonagall, pale.

"They take down anything that would kill normal humans. A good one can take out an entire coven of vampires. What I would love to know is why the hell Black is running around with them. They generally dislike people like us," said Moody gruffly.