Chapter 12

Harry had been in the past for a month, and he had learned three things.

One, Lily wasn't the source of his angelic heritage. She didn't even react to any of the sigils he left lying around, which was the major tip off.

Two, James Potter apparently had an ace up his sleeve because he had been able to match wits with Harry for two weeks during their initial prank war...while Sirius and Remus were left in the dust. Considering Harry lived with a Trickster who could prank people with a snap of his fingers, this was actually very surprising.

And three, Dumbledore and the rest of the staff had figured out that he was a time traveler, one who was obviously related to James Potter, most likely his son. They were more inclined to treat him like another lion, especially when he mentioned he had dropped out of Hogwarts in favor of private tutoring after his fifth year.

He would be taking his NEWTs with the rest of seventh year since he obviously hadn't bothered to do so in his own time.

Since his initial lead on Lily had been wrong, Harry now focused on pranking the hell out of his dad and uncles. That is until one minor incident when he was bored and used a random point me charm to lead him further into the castle.

~

"What the hell? Why do I keep following my dad around?"

This was the fifth time he had cast the charm, which was supposed to lead him North if left undirected. Only for some reason it lead him straight to James Potter, despite the fact that Harry knew he was in the south-east side of the castle.

So, in a fit of annoyance, Harry cast the spell Gabriel had taught him to find him when he wanted to visit after being around the Winchesters too long.

It would show him the area around Loki through his eyes, which would let Harry apparate to him directly. Because of what Gabriel did to his wand, it would be more powerful, possibly enough for Loki to know something was up, but he didn't know.

'What the hell? Who's in my head?'

Harry blinked. And then his jaw dropped when James Potter suddenly turned mid-sentence to find who cast the spell. As he was currently flying in the corridors so he could hit the Marauders from above after he grew irritate enough to bring out his broom, he realized something.

Lily had never been the source of his angel blood...James was.

And when Harry caught a flash of all too familiar silver in James' eyes, he realized something else.

'Son of a bitch...Gabriel is my dad! Why didn't he say anything?!' thought Harry furiously. Suddenly a lot of things made so much sense...why Loki and him got along so well, how they had clicked when they first met, why Harry had been able to master his little trick with the snapping fingers...or had been able to find Gabriel no matter how hard he had hidden himself.

Oh he was so going to blackmail Gabriel with this when he got back.

"James, you alright pal?"

"Fine. Just thought someone's time release spell went off," said James easily.

"Probably Gabriel. He's surprisingly good!" said Sirius.

Harry saw the look in James' eyes when that name was mentioned. Like he knew that Gabriel Winchester wasn't his real name.

Oh this was going to be hilarious when he pinned the winged moron with holy oil later.

~

"Hey Gabe! What did you want to see me for?" asked James.