Part 17

Taehyung POV:

"W-what did you say?" I asked.

"I am going to California to pursue my degree in modeling," she replied, ever so excited.

And that's where I felt my heart breaking. She squealed in excitement whereas I was in a trance.

"So when were you about to tell me, the moment before you get into the flight?" I chuckled.

"Tae..." her smile vanished again.

"Why didn't you tell me you were planning to go?" I asked her.

"I told you now, didn't I?" She questioned me back.

"You are telling me a day before you leave? You planned everything all this time and I don't even know a thing" I stated.

"Tae you were practicing hard and I didn't want to disturb you" she replied.

"So that's the value of our friendship in your heart, that you don't even tell your best friend that you're leaving until it's time to go. When's the flight?" I asked her.

"This Saturday" she mumbled.

"Day after tomorrow and YOU'RE TELLING ME NOW" my voice raised involuntarily.

She flinched but she didn't crouch down. Maybe because she trusts me. I sighed as I walked away from her and sat on the couch.

She's leaving in two days.

How am I supposed to be without her?

I can't.....

I felt her hand on my cheek and I looked up at her. She was crying as well

Why is she crying?

"I'm sorry Tae bear, I didn't know you'd get hurt by this" she said.

"How can I not? Am I not your friend?" I asked her.

"Why do you even think like that Tae. You are my best friend" she replied.

"Is it? If that is true then you wouldn't be telling this now..not before you leave in a day" I stood up.

"Yes you are my friend but not my bodyguard, so enough of you being like a guard of mine" she stood up.

What does she mean?

"Do you know how I feel? I feel as if you are my guard and I'm using you" she sniffled.

"W-what?" I was confused.

"Yes, you always protect me from all the bad things I've been through, all the stupid things I did and you only care about me. I feel so guilty" she cried as she said.

"Guilty of?" I questioned her.

"Guilty of holding you back, guilty of not returning your love, guilty of using you for my safety" she shouted.

She cried out loud as she knelt in front of me. I was shocked to know that she was thinking like this. I didn't understand what to say or do at that moment. I remained still, not moving from my place. After a while, she stood up by herself.

"Please Tae, let me go. I can't keep depending on you like this" she stated.

I sighed as I nodded.

"You won't stop just because I say no. It's your wish" I replied.

"Idiot, I'm letting you get free from this hell, where you need to keep on looking for me and be for me without getting anything in return" she shouted.