Chapter 2

Frank's POV

The light blinded me, my eyes unable to adjust as I curled up and tried to find the non-existent blanket. When had that been torn off my body? I groaned and put my pillow over my head, curling into a very cold ball. "Frank, another tattoo? Seriously?" I heard my mom's muffled voice through the pillow. "My body, my choice, never regret it. Now, let me sleep, it's summer," I groaned, feeling her pry the pillow off of my head. "Frank, get up, we have a 2½ hour drive, I've already got your stuff in the car, just get dressed," My mom told me, playfully smacking my curled form with the pillow that she threw somewhere that was probably where my blanket lied. "What? To that summer camp? I thought you were joking," I whined, sitting up and feeling the dull pain of the new tattoo.

"Why would I be joking? You need to get out of the house, you just stay in your room all day and play on your technology. Oh, by the way, you have to leave your phone," My mom stated so matter of fact. I looked at her and shook my head. "You're joking," I whispered, my voice blunt and serious. "Get dressed, I won't give you the chance to argue. Car, 5 minutes, or I'm coming back in and dragging you," My mom bluntly stated, leaving my room with my blankets and pillow. Of course, I properly packed, but I seriously thought she was joking; I never knew she'd wake me up at 9 am on a Saturday.

I walked over to my long mirror, sighing as I looked at the "Search and Destroy" tattoo, smiling at how good it turned out. I got it last night while at the "End Of The Year, Fuck You School" party. I sighed as I pulled a shirt on, being careful as I gently smoothed it over the tattoo, grabbing a jacket and putting it on the bed. I decided to wear a pair of skinny jeans, wiggling into them and then slipping into my converse. I went around my room one last time with my travel bag, which happened to be a duffel bag. I decided to take an extra pair of shoes, my sunglasses, my candy stash because I didn't trust in leaving it. It was a lot, honestly, I collected a lot, even drinks but I always saved eating or drinking any for a special occasion. A flashlight, pack of disinfectant wipes, cleaner for the tattoo, 3 tiny bottles of hand sanitizer, sunscreen, my very few road snacks/missed a meal snacks were thrown into the bag last.

I took a look at my room, frowning as I thought about not being home or playing video games. I went over and took my phone, only so I could stay in touch with the technology world for just a little longer, up to my last few seconds. I closed my door and ran to the car, rubbing my eyes and sighing as I buckled my seatbelt. "Could we stop by a drive-thru place and grab some breakfast? Maybe some coffee?" I mumbled tiredly, looking over at my mom as the engine roared to life. "Sure, but I pick," She bargained and I only agreed because I really didn't enjoy missing breakfast. She drove for a little bit until we came upon this place that sold pretty good coffee, and had some damn good french toast sticks. We pulled into the drive-thru, my mom pulling up to the window. She ordered first, making sure the guy made sure to add her sugar because she hated bitter coffee, then she turned to me. "What would you like, Frank?" She asked, tapping the wheel a little. "Just a coffee with hazelnut creamer and a double on the french toast sticks, please," I mumbled, seeing that the guy was checking me out.

She ordered, waiting for the receipt and then waiting in line behind a couple of cars. "Remind me again why I let you drink coffee," My mother whispered to me out of the blue, looking over and locking eyes with me. "Easy, how are you without your coffee? And guess who is your biological offspring? You have your answer. Lastly, this could be the last time I have coffee," I told her, snuggling up into the seat and sighing as the morning sun was still rising in front of us. I went down into my bag, grabbed my sunglasses, and sat back against my seat as I slipped them on. Not too much time passed before I finally got the coffee I had been waiting for. I sipped on the hot liquid, not caring of the slight burn on the tip of my tongue. I turned on some music, not very excited about going to the camp that I was being dragged to, but at least I had these last couple of hours to enjoy being connected. Just a little longer is all I need.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was signed in, booted out of the car, and had my phone confiscated by a counselor who added it to the safe box. I hoped it would be safe, otherwise, I would have to slap the fuck out of someone. I had a lot of my information on that phone alone, I didn't want any of it getting lost. Maybe I should have left it with my mom, which was a very late decision indeed as she was already gone.

"Welcome, this man will be your counselor, you are in the Fox Cabin. It says here that your room number is 519. Orientation will be called, there is no walking in lines, though there are optional scheduled activities," This man told me, though the counselor seemed thrilled to be here. I nodded, showing that I understood, was handed a key to my supposed room, and was given a map to find my cabin. I didn't say a word as I left the room, going outside and shading my eyes away from the sun with my hand before pulling the sunglasses back down over my eyes.

I disregarded the map, having read the signs around me instead that pointed to the Fox Cabin. I came across the fork in the road, seeing the sign that pointed to the right was the Foxes. As I looked at it though, I saw that the neighboring cabins were the Wolf Cabins. I shrugged it off, heading over to the cabin that was hidden by the trees and brush surrounding it. If I had been blindfolded and then shown the building, I would've thought I was about to start a vacation. "What the fuck is this place?" I whispered to myself, walking into the building so I could check it out. "Wow," I whispered as I saw the hall lined with doors, restroom signs with a shower symbol at the end.

I had to walk down to door 519, which wasn't very far, though I wondered how they number things... Were there 100 rooms in each cabin? The hallway must've been lined with at least 30 or 40 doors, but over 500 doors sounded absurd. Oh well, it's not my camp and I'm not looking out for anyone but me. As I jammed the key into the lock, opening the door, I could feel my hopes begin to fall, the hope of the rooms looking nice.

The room was a bland gray, cutting off halfway and then being lined with white bricks. It looked and felt like a solitary confinement cell. The bed was made of thin foam, that much was obvious from where I stood. I shut my door behind me, sitting down on the bed and hearing the springs screech under my weight. I wasn't even that heavy. I looked around, frowning a little as I realized it would have been perfect if I had a tennis ball. My mom had packed my blanket and pillow into a sheet, which I figured would spruce up the room with how bland it was.

I don't usually make my bed, but the curtain doesn't even close all the way, it has a little crack that you could see through, so I figured if anyone looks in that I'd have my room clean. The sheet, as always, was being rather difficult, but as soon as I got it on, I collapsed and took a break. "Fuck, I could be asleep right now, but noooo, mom sent me to a damn summer camp," I whined to absolutely no one, turning over on my side and groaning as I felt a sharp pain go through my spine from twisting too hard.

I sighed and flopped onto my back, groaning and looking at the air conditioning unit, getting up to turn it on because I was getting hot. I sat on my bed, looking at the wall with despair. I was forced to be here for two months. I was alone. I felt a pit in my chest, the loneliness set in as I looked at the clock and decided to wait for the few hours to pass to go to orientation. But those few hours, I knew, were going to give me a lot of time to think.