Chapter 20

Frank's POV

It was the last day of camp.

I didn't give two shits if I got caught out of curfew, I was bolting it to Gerard's dorm with a letter in hand. I slid said letter under his door, making sure I heard him get up before I bolted back to my cabin. I did make it back before curfew, but I still had the "I don't give a shit" attitude about it. A counselor saw me, out of breath, and all I did was wave and slip into my room as the curfew started. I took off my drenched tank top, putting it in a plastic bag to be washed when getting home the next day.

I grabbed my only button-up shirt, and my nice jeans, slipping them both on before I was about to slip out the window. I heard something from the other side of the wall, cringing once I realized the normal teen antics going on, and quickly dipped out the window before I heard more. I hid behind trees and I just barely made it to the hidden gazebo that Gerard and I found a few days ago.

I leaned against a rail, finding the dim lights of the dying bulbs setting a nice mood with the calm breeze. It was only about 5 minutes before I saw Gerard, smiling as I saw the fact that he had the top button open and just a little bit of eyeliner that wasn't noticeable in the light. But I noticed. "Hey," Gerard whispered, blushing a little as he noticed my stare. "H-hey," I whispered back, pushing off of the rail. With him standing there, I thought that maybe it would give me the confidence to tell him tonight, but I'd still have fun no matter if I told him or not. "Well, don't you look handsome," I told him, unsure of if he heard me, though his blush told me he had.

I couldn't take my eyes off of Gerard as I walked towards him a little more in the gazebo, chuckling a little bit under my breath. "Why are we here?" Gerard asks, though I only smiled as I looked at the gazebo around us. "I wanted to make our last night special. And with that... Would you like to dance with me?" I asked though I was a bit nervous, I played it off as confidence and I saw his confused face. "I don't know how to dance," He told me, shyly walking toward me to meet me in the middle.

I walked up to him and took Gerard's hand in my own, I rested his right hand at my waist, then put my hand on his shoulder. "I'll teach you, but I have to kind of teach you to lead, is that alright?" I told him, though as I looked up at him, I began to blush but I could see Gerard's blush that was illuminated by the dim light which eased me a bit. He barely nodded, I noticed him holding his breath and he was so out of it. "We're just gonna do a box kind of shape, alright, but I can only lead you a little bit," I whispered, seeing him nod a little bit and our feet sliding to the left.

Though as I tried to teach him how to lead, Gerard started to fluidly lead and did an amazing job doing so. Suddenly, he spun me around and dipped me before he went right back to dancing slowly. I chuckled, looking up and shaking my head. "Liar," I whispered, putting my head down a little bit, and still was chuckling. "I shit you not, I watched that dance on a sitcom when I was 15 and I was sort of improvising after the spin," Gerard admitted, letting a little nervous laughter out as he tossed his head back and let out a small sigh.

"Thank you for making my last night rememberable. Thank you for doing so to my summer as well, it wouldn't have been fun without you," I told him, both of us moving slowly, and just hugs me while he sways, his head buried in my neck as he stays there. "I-it um- you're welcome. I didn't know I had that effect on you..." I whispered, hearing him let out a little giggle, just slowly dancing with him, smiling and feeling tears in my eyes as I hugged him tightly against my chest.

"We still have a month of summer, we live a block away... Do you like Star Wars?" Gerard asked this randomly and I was taken back by it for a minute until I remembered him mentioning it a while back. "I've never seen it," I admitted, looking at Gerard and keeping my breath low so as to not scare him. "Well, my brother, a friend of his, and I are going to be watching all the movies tomorrow... Would you like to join?" He asked timidly, and I chuckled quietly. "Of course, that'd be awesome," I told him, though I was unsure because I've never been interested in those kinds of things.

Maybe this was the time to do it! He could confess and dammit, maybe I could kiss him. It took a minute for my voice to come to my throat. "Gee?" I whispered, looking at him in the face and having my breath caught in my throat. "Yeah? What's-" Gerard was cut off by the bushes and trees rustling. "Hey, who's back there?" Someone yelled out, to which I felt not only my body tense but Gerard's as well. I squeezed his hand I forgot I had been holding, leaning into his ear quickly and whispered. "Run." The both of us booked in the other direction of the voice we heard, hand in hand. It wasn't that hard, though as soon as we were in sight and out of the treeline, we ran faster and got to the fork in the road. We slowed down to take a breather, panting and trying to catch our breaths.

"Shit- surprised how that "D" in PE got me here," Gerard panted out, rubbing his throat a little as I wheezed out a laugh. "You said it. I'm wondering the same thing with my "F" in PE," I told him, standing up and looking down the road, nodding towards it. "We gotta head out to make sure we don't get caught. Hydrate when we get back, alright?" I told him, seeing him nod. I smiled, hugging him one last time before letting go and sprinting down the path to my cabin. I quickly unlocked my door, going in and shutting the door quietly.

Leaning against the door, my smile unmoving as I just stood there. It was the adrenaline pumping in my veins that just held me there, but as it wore off, I felt like jelly but it was still marked as one of the most amazing experiences because I almost kissed Gerard and then I took my chance to hug him. Even more thrilling; I was going to see him tomorrow to watch the Star Wars movies. I hope they're long.