Chapter 11

Gerard's POV

I was chewing on my nails, wearing my boxers and a tank top as I tried to decide what to wear. It was about a half of a month into camp, roughly a little under 3 weeks, and there was already this stupid dance. Mandatory. I sighed and picked up the button up, sliding it on and putting the little black buttons through the holes on the left. I knew this was going to happen, hence the dress clothes, but I didn't know it was so soon. The best part to add was that the girls from across the lake were coming to our campgrounds for it.

Here is the thing, it was not that I was scared of girls by any means. It was that I was scared that someone would be confident enough to approach me, when in fact, I was not confident in meeting someone new. I checked my slight makeup, nodding a little as it looked exceptional, checked my breath, and then tried to see if I went overboard on the cologne. To my knowledge, I hadn't. I slipped on the dress pants that I had, doing the same with my dress shoes. I looked like a well put together gentleman.

I heard the call for the dance to start, feeling nervous again as I heard the halls flood with teen boys who were longing to even glance at a girl at this point. Trust me, I know, the walls weren't that thick. Sadly, my neighbors really didn't like slowing down any. After hearing the hall clear out, I grabbed my key and left the safety of my room, locking my door. I walked to the mess hall, where the dance was being held, and immediately felt a wave of anxiety as I saw boys and girls already dancing.

I clung to the wall as I walked to the punch, getting myself a cup and kissing my eardrums goodbye as the loud music was already starting to hurt my ears. I went to the corner where it was deafened a bit as I sipped on some punch. It had the taste of watermelon with the carbonation of Sprite, enjoying the tingling in my mouth as I tried to blend into the wall. Geez, as if it wasn't bad enough, the playlist was just a bunch of sucky pop music that you'd hear constantly on the radio nowadays.

Well, the hits just kept coming when I saw a girl, a very tall, mature, raven-haired girl coming my way. I felt my hands trembling, hoping that she really wasn't coming my way and she happened to walk in my general direction. Probably to grab some punch, but also scooting past the people that were sprawled out everywhere. But oh, woe is my luck for it does not exist and she stopped right in front of me. I gulped, trying to keep my composure as she stood in the proximity of my nervousness.

Well, at that moment, I don't think she could even get a word out when my hand was grabbed by a... Familiar tattooed hand. "Gerard! Dude, I have been looking for you. Oh- do you mind, miss?" Frank asked, acknowledging the flustered girl beside him. She shook her head, scurrying away and regrouping with some of her friends across the room. They all looked in my direction, but I looked away and looked at Frank who still had his hand gripping my wrist ever so gently.

Frank did eventually let go, flashing me his trademark smile as he stood before me. I took a minute to take in what he was wearing, a white button-up with a simple red tie, which almost looked like mine, black slacks that matched his shoes that he hadn't worn before. "Sorry for scaring off your game, I was just excited to have finally found you in this crowd," He told me, gesturing with his eyes to the teens amongst ourselves. "Don't apologize, I should be thanking you honestly," I told him, taking a sip of my punch and relaxing a little against the wall.

"Do you wanna sit outside? The music is too much," Frank told me, kind of with his voice raised to prove his point. I nodded, wanting to get out of the hot room and get to somewhere more open. I started to follow him, seeing that girl walking over to me again. I shook it off, taking Frank's hand and rushing him out the door. I went to the table that sat outside, sitting down with my drink and relishing the fresh air. I saw the sun that was so close to setting and then soon enough, it would be the cut-off to curfew.