Chapter 3

Gerard's POV

I held my key to my chest as I hauled my bags to my cabin, the little wolf on the keyring dangling. I walked past, and avoided, kids who were messing around in the halls. It looked like when you would walk down the corridor of just about any high school, but without all the lockers. There were a lot of doors though. "Shitshitshit-" I whispered, groaning as I tried to slide past all the way to my door number; 419. I rushed past a lot of people, finally sticking my key into the lock and almost falling into my room.

I quickly shut and locked the door, having weird scenarios of a kid trying to claim that this is his room or some shit. I knew that it was just a weird, impossible scenario, but I didn't want it happening anyway. Ya know? I looked around, feeling a tad bit worried about having to live in this room once I saw the plain white and gray. I groaned again, looking at the desk and pushing off the door.

Standing in the middle of the room, I felt the heat, having to turn on the air conditioning unit to cool down the room. The curtains were bland, just a beige color that went with the color scheme of the room. Whoever designed these did a horrible job, which was just my opinion I'm sure. I grabbed one of my bags, pulling out sheets and bedding to spruce up the place, slipping them on the twin-sized bed. It looked a bit better, but the situation finally set in after a while and I realized I would be here for 2 months. I sighed, sat down at the desk that sat to the right of the room, and pulled out a sheet of lined paper to write a letter to Mikey.

After folding it, putting it in an envelope, I stamped it and wrote down the return address so Mikey could write back. I glanced at the clock, knowing I should head to orientation soon, and deliver the letter while I was out. I went into another bag, grabbing out the picture of me and my brother, setting it on the nightstand.

I missed him already, it was quite a long time to be away from him. It would be the longest we ever spent apart. Before now, a week was the longest we'd gone, and that was a spring break trip and even then I missed him. I looked out my window, seeing a little creek peeking out between trees, and shook it off. I was the older brother, I was always worried, but I told him to have fun before I left and I should do the same.

I picked up my sketchbook, a pencil, and a new set of clothes to change into. I had a gray Misfits hoodie that had the sleeves cut off, a pair of gray jeans that had been cut into shorts, and a pair of old white converse. After changing from the almost all-black outfit, I sighed and looked in the mirror. I looked different in gray. I opened my door and locked it back, looking around and sighing as I started to walk to the main hall. I believe it's actually called the mess hall.

I jogged a little to get to my destination on time, reaching the crossroads and suddenly feeling pain in my right side as I fell to the ground. Someone ran into me. I grabbed my sketchbook and pencil, standing up and looking for whoever bumped into me. I spotted someone in all black, brushing off the dirt, then they looked at me. They looked intimidating and scary, a little angry as well. "W-watch where you're going... Please," The person mumbled. I was taken back a little, taking a step towards the trail. "Sorry," I whispered, running off and getting to the mess hall in record time. I looked and saw a little wolf sign, sitting down and sighing.

That person looked a little startled, but I don't know why I ran. I guess it was nerves of being in a new place, but there was definitely something about it. I sat there, opening up my sketchbook to doodle, occasionally looking around to make sure no one was looking at me. I wasn't narcissistic in thinking that someone was looking at me, I was worried I drew attention to myself and that everyone hated me or thought I was seeking for attention as I drew in my sketchbook. Ya feel? I guess anxiety really is serious... Might need to start taking it as such.

I looked at what I was doodling, seeing the outline of an eye, smiling a little as it looked okay. I draw in details, tilting my head as I noticed that it would be helpful if I had my kneading eraser. I shook it off and did the best I could without it, humming to myself as I shaded gently. It was taking a while for the orientation thing to start, which means that I decided to start practicing a little, drawing hands and whatnot to pass the time that happened to drip by slowly.