Chapter 18

Frank's POV

"Come on! We gotta get the last of our days of camp and enjoy the fuck out of them!" I excitedly yelled as Gerard tiredly stood in the doorway. He looked tired, that much was obvious, but it was morning and any teenager would tell you that waking up in the early morning of summer was bothersome. I was ushered into the room, the door closed behind us as Gerard rubbed his eyes. "How are you so used to waking up like this? I'm so tired when I wake up," He mumbled, groaning a little as he stretched. It was funny, seeing him like this, all tired and freshly woken up. I pushed the thought away as I sighed, leaning against the wall, some of my hair falling in front of my face. Time for a haircut, that's for sure.

Gerard walked across the bedroom, brushing the strand away from my face before realizing how close we were. He stepped back, rubbing the back of his neck and chuckling awkwardly. "Sorry, guess I really don't think when I first wake up," He mumbled, going over to his bed and sitting down. "M-mind no. Er- sorry, English seems like a good language, maybe I should try using it sometime." I gladly joked as he laughed a little, which was a relief, seeing as I was just stumbling over words at this point. "What I was trying to say is that I didn't mind. It's not like I carry a mirror 'round with me or anything, so I wouldn't have known," I corrected, leaning against the wall and looking at Gerard as he nodded.

"So, would you like me to leave so you can get dressed or would you like to say 'fuck it' and wear your pajamas for the day?" I asked, tilting my head just slightly as he looked at the pajama shorts and cute tank top, seeing Gerard blush. "Go on, it'll only take me a minute to get dressed, but I wanna go canoeing again," Gerard mumbled, which gave me my cue to leave quickly. I was excited as I waited, wondering what we would be able to cram in for the day.

As I waited outside Gerard's door, I saw some cabin mates of the wolves. "Hey, what are you doing here? Aren't you a fox?" Some random dude asked, which made me cringe as I remembered there was some separation shit that people liked to abide by or whatever. Still pissed me off. "Yeah, but it's whatever. I'm waiting for someone to go canoeing." I mumbled, seeing Gerard come out with obvious sunscreen under his sunglasses on his face that hadn't been properly rubbed in. "Bend down a little, you have some sunscreen on your face," I beckoned, hearing him groan like a child as he bent down a little for me to rub in the sunscreen, giving him a thumbs-up as soon as I put his sunglasses on his face. I leaned in a little bit, just by his ear. "Lock your door," I reminded him, backing away and seeing his eyes briefly look over through the dark lenses.

Gerard grabbed his keys, locking the door behind him and checking the handle to make sure it was locked before he started walking to the doors. I walked outside and pulled my sunglasses down, seeing Gerard squinting before pulling his sunglasses on. "Today looks like a good day," He whispered, walking down the trail, side by side as he hummed a little tune to himself. The docks were practically full, no one was out on the lake, which was an upside.

"Hey, are the kayaks still open?" I asked, seeing a counselor pop their head up and wave us down to the dock. Awesome. We grabbed life jackets, obviously not picking our cabin colors. We slipped them on, buckling the straps and then grabbing the paddles. "Do you want to be in the back or the front?" I asked, seeing Gerard look between the two seats. "The front? You're good at controlling the trajectory, I think I'll stick with keeping the momentum," He mumbled, though he was shy, I understood not being ready to steer. Although, internally I was excited to be able to steer again.

I hopped, or gently stepped, into the back seat of the kayak, balancing my paddle across as Gerard carefully got into the seat in front of me. The counselor pushed us away from the dock, wishing us luck as we started to paddle out. "Fast or gentle today?" Gerard asked, looking back as I smirked. "Let's go fast, then we can enjoy drifting out a bit once we've picked up momentum. How does that sound?" I asked, picking up my paddle and giving the boat a pretty big push. "Sounds fun, let's do it. Although, sorry in advance if I splash you," He told me, to which a big wave of water came to my face as I stopped paddling.

I spat out the mouthful of water, getting Gerard a little wet and hearing him squeal as he was laughing. "You were planning that, weren't you?" I asked, laughing as I wiped my face with the dry part of my shirt. "Kind of, but not really, call it impulse if you will," He dramatically told me, smirking as he was looking back at me. "Be glad I have the manners to not tip this kayak, Gee," I whispered, starting us off with a nice steady rhythm to start with.

"Oh, woe is me if I have to swim back to land," Gerard mocked sarcastically as he started picking up the front speed. "Keep your sass and paddle," I chuckled, keeping my strength and then using a lot of it as we started to speed down the lake in our little red kayak. "Faster!" I screamed, smiling and laughing as we started to go faster, gliding through the water. Eventually, as the both of us got tired, we put our paddles in the boat, sat back, and enjoyed ourselves as we drifted in the water.

"Shit, that was fun," Gerard told me, looking back and moving so he was facing me. "So, I never got to ask you why you told me to lock my door before we left," He explained, tilting his head a little bit, which made the sunglasses slide down a bit because of the slick sweat and sunblock on his perfect porcelain skin. "Oh, yeah, there were some shifty guys down the hall," I nonchalantly told him, smiling a little to keep the mood at ease, though he smiled back. "Well thank you, I appreciate it," He whispered, and it was apparent that he was grateful. I nodded, giving him a thumbs up. "Anytime," I mumbled, sitting back to relax. You have no idea.