Chapter 7

Gerard's POV

I tried to open my eyes, groaning and bringing my hand up to my head, wincing as I squeezed my eyes shut. I opened my eyes, the dim light from closed curtains from windows barely shining in. It was morning, the rain was gone, and my head was in slight pain. "What?" I whispered, moving to see someone sitting beside my bed, squinting and realizing it was that kid from the Fox cabin. I brushed it off, curious as to why he was here, sure, but just needed to listen to a little music.

I reached into my pocket, sitting up with a little difficulty to try to see if it was nearby. I could see the person was waking up, sitting up, and rubbing his eyes. "Hey, are you okay?" His gruff voice asked through the dark, though it surprised me because I never liked anyone's morning voice. "Yeah... Have you seen an MP3 and headphones?" I asked quietly, fidgeting a bit. He looked around a bit before reaching into his pocket and handing me my MP3 with my headphones still plugged in.

"I didn't want them taking it away, I know how important music is," He whispered, rubbing his eyes tiredly. I nodded, whispering a small "thank you" before I heard footsteps. I stuffed both objects in my pocket, and then a light came on, blinding the both of us. "Oh, good, you're awake," The nurse chirped, putting the chart down and smiling at the two of us. "Oh, you're excused, young man, you need to eat breakfast. I'll release you after the check-up, hon," She told us, the kid beside me standing up and waving to the both of us, about to exit. He stopped and stood in the doorway, locking eyes with me.

"Hey, if you ever need to find me, I'm Frank, dorm 519 in the Fox cabin. Don't hesitate to come by," He told me, smiling as he said a short goodbye to the nurse and me. "Such a nice boy," She whispered, smiling as she started the check-up. Temperature check, pulse, replaced the bandage after disinfection, and made sure I wasn't sick. "You seem fine, few bruises, but if you have any pain, come by for another check-up," She informed me, giving me a wide smile as she left to another room. "Take it easy today," She shouted from the room as I took my time getting up, slowly but surely.

I checked the time, seeing that I already missed breakfast, and sighed as I shook it off. I would, unfortunately, have to wait for lunch and that meant continuing what I had been doing; staring at the wall. I sighed, grabbed my stuff, and trudged away to go to my dorm. I walked down the damp path to my cabin, wanting to keep away from the kids around me. I approached the fork in the road, looking at the Fox path, then the Wolf path. I sighed and shook my head, knowing someone that confident wouldn't be a good thing for me.

I tried to quietly slip past the kids in the hall, being stopped midway as a guy turned to me; and was standing in front of my door. "You're the dude who got knocked out, huh?" He asked, having this thick New York accent. I shook my head, shoulder pushing him out of the way of my door. "Hey, I asked you a question," He whispered in my ear, which made me shove my key into my lock and open my door faster. I opened it and was soo fucking close to shutting it before the guy stopped it from closing. "Hey-" He asserted, trying to get me to answer.

"I'm from Jersey, dude, back up. If you wanna play the tough act, do it right," I spoke, my teeth gritted as I did, seeing his shocked expression. As I saw his guard was down, I shut the door and locked it, groaning as I brushed my hair out of my face. Stupid boys think they can intimidate me because I'm quiet, which I happen to find hilarious. And he was a New Yorker! I flopped on my bed and shook my hair out of my face, being left to my thoughts until lunch.

Maybe I'll just draw until then.