Chapter 10

Frank's POV

I was mad, crazy even... But there is nothing I wouldn't do to get revenge. I hid in my room, lights off, and heard the curfew bell down the hall, then the counselor shutting his door to his room. Absolutely perfect. I opened my door, looked around, and saw that no one was there. I shut and locked my door, smiling as I rushed out of the cabin. I didn't take the path this time, walking through the woods between the cabins. I decided to tread lightly, but fast so I could get to the Wolf cabin, doing so in record time.

I recited the dorm number in my brain as I walked down the hall; the very one Gerard told me just in case I wanted to go kayaking with him again, but this was much more important. Urgent. I knocked on the door that said 416, waiting a minute and seeing Gerard emerge. I saw he still had his shoes on, grabbing his hand to pull him out of his room, shutting his door, and running with him outside. I guided us to the side of the building, silencing his questions for a second until I knew it was clear. "Do you wanna get some justice?" I asked in a whisper, moving back a few steps so I wasn't so close. "... Or a crime? We're out past curfew!" Gerard responded in a yell/whisper. I found this to be funny, all things considered. "Okay, but hear me out; you can exchange the white wolf for a gray or even a black one. Deal?" I asked, waiting in the long silence that followed. He was debating, I didn't have to see him to be able to know what he was doing. "Deal, show me what to do, I'll follow," He whispered, though he couldn't see my smile.

I grabbed his hand gently, taking him through the woods and all the way to the main building. I went to the back door and picked the lock with ease, looking back and seeing that Gerard was a little skeptical now, but still pushed on and went ahead of me to step into the building. I closed the door behind me, grabbing my flashlight and smiling when I already spotted where they kept the little animals that you put on the keychains. "Hey, over here," I whispered, opening the box and grabbing a little black wolf, handing it to Gerard. He gave the white wolf to me, though I clipped it to my keys and found each animal, doing the same as I had to the wolf and clipped it to my key ring.

Wolf, Fox, Eagle, Badger, Blue Jays, and the Deers; they were all on both of our keychains. I smiled, putting the box back and going back to where we entered, I heard the door handle jingle, panicking and grabbing Gerard through the door before closing it quietly. "Run," I whispered, seeing him nod right before I turned off the flashlight. So, both of us booked it through the woods again, finding the fork in the road and stopping to catch our breaths. "You good to go on your own?" Gerard asked in a whisper, putting his hand on my shoulder, though I nodded. "Yeah, yeah. Are you?" I asked, looking up and barely making out the shape of his body in the dark. Tall, slender, and if I didn't know we had just run a quarter of a mile and we were now panting, I'd say in shape. "... I think I can make it back," Gerard whispered, though he didn't sound so sure.

"I'll walk you back, come on," I gently whispered, smiling as I once again took his hand to direct him where to go. "You don't have to," Gerard told me, though I let out a little chuckle and shook my head. "I'm taking you to your cabin, not sacrificing my life. Besides, the worst the camp can do is give me a slap on the wrist or tell my mom, and I'd like my revenge on her a bit. So I'll call it even," I rambled, coming upon the Wolf cabin and smiling as I turned to Gerard, seeing his face in the light of the lantern. I stopped, bowing and making him laugh as I did. "I'll see you tomorrow, Frank," He told me, which made me smile because it was an indirect promise to see me tomorrow. I nodded, waving and taking a step back. "See you tomorrow, Gerard," I whispered, making my way back down the path to go to the Fox cabin when I heard counselors in the distance.

"Shit," I whispered, running back and seeing Gerard entering the building. I ran faster, pushing him into the Cabin hall. "Hey- what? Frank?" He asked in a concerned tone, though I didn't give him an answer as I took his hand again and dragged him to his room. It was unlocked, which I was so thankful for as I heard the door open down the hall. I shut the door behind us. "Geez- always pulling me around, huh-" Gerard started, but I put my hand over his mouth as I heard walking that stopped at the door.