Claire

Suggested song which I definitely recommend to listen to while reading this chapter (use headphones):- Hayloft by Mother Mother

I'll tell you when to start listening so keep a tab open <3

-

Yoongi's expression turned serious as he gently pressed down on the breaks, his eyes examining the barricaded road. Jungkook eyed the numerous jeeps and vans littered around the area. Almost as if they were being ambushed.

"Get out of the car!" a man shouted and cocked his shotgun. Seokjin turned to yoongi, who had his jaw locked with silent worry. The mint haired boy switched off the engine hesitantly when the man motioned him to.

"I don't suppose they want us to join them for a tea party with Alice, the mad hatter and co. huh?..." Taehyung whispered as he avoided the hungry man's shameless stare when he climbed out of the vehicle. He turned around and noticed Yera secretly shoving a loaded gun into her holster. Without hesitating he stood in front of the door subtly and blocked anyone's view of the action. Yera then jumped out as well.

"Well don't they look friendly...this'll be fun.." Jimin stated dryly when he finally noticed the crowd of people exiting their vehicles, with menacing grins. Namjoon opened the backdoor on the other side and hopped out with ease, followed by Jungkook, Jimin and Hobi.

Yoongi opened his side of the vehicle and stood on the jeep's step, hesitant to get out. He was the driver and if something went sideways the responsibility was his to hit the accelerator and get them the hell out of there.

"I said OUT of the car, prick" the man warned, aiming his weapon. Seokjin dropped down from the tall vehicle and quickly glanced at Yoongi.

"You wanna try me, boy?" the man taunted stepping closer, his weapon at eye level as he attempted to intimidate the green haired boy. Yoongi's tongue poked on the inside of his cheek angrily as he climbed out.

He leant against the jeep and shoved his hands into his jacket pockets, secretly searching for the concealed combat knife. He knew how to use it and he would gladly do it if he had to. He smirked lightly when he felt the familiar handle.

"Move it," the man motioned with the firearm, commanding them to step closer.

Habitually their hands flew up in the air, a response to being held at gunpoint.

"Well hellow there! Nice to see such fresh, young, undead faces out here" a woman spoke, stepping forward with her hands on her hips. She looked to be around her late 30's. Her long, wavy, hair cascaded down her shoulders with faded red highlights contrasting against her jet black hair.

"Look, we don't want any trouble. So if you could take what you want and leave us be, then we could be going our separate ways" Seokjin said, wearing a grim expression. Everyone knew it. These thugs were bad news on a whole other level. Just one look and it clicked, how could anyone miss it? The poorly drawn gang sign tattoos, the funky coloured hair, gold and metal like teeth, the punk/grease clothing and the Mad Max themed vehicles proved it all. The originality of having this situation in the middle of an apocalyptic war was laughable. They were all basically screaming out that they were scavengers, if that wasn't obvious enough then too bad. Either way, hanging around them was a dense idea.

Silence ran still in the air before the woman broke out laughing. She threw her head back chuckling and slapping her knees, clearly enjoying whatever it was she found funny. Her brainless goonies cackled along with her probably knowing jackshit about why they were laughing. The group stood awkwardly not knowing how to react to the obnoxious laughter. It died out with her wiping away fake tears, sniffling slightly.