Missing In Action.

Continuation from the chap before: 

Hopefully, the gates were closed by then but Lee could only hope, he was a helpless little man in a lab coat after all. What more could he do? Their steps echoed down the corridor as they searched for a place safe enough to wait for a rescue, if it even came that is. The screams of the commander ended a long time ago, though it was a blessing to their ears and state of mind this also meant the beast wasn't preoccupied anymore. They were going to be the main course if they stayed out in the open any longer.

But as they traveled deeper into the lab, away from the beast, they soon realized that they were headed in the direction of the open enclosure. This was its familiar setting, they were quite literally walking into the lion's den willingly.

Thankfully the woman took action faster and yanked Lee to the side and pressed him up against the wall, trapping him between the wall and her body. Lee looked up to avoid the clashing of his jaw with her forehead. He blew a strand of her hair out of the way as he nudged her in a questioning manner. She looked up and motioned him to be silent. And as if on queue the sound of a low growl reverberated down the hall. Lee's hand grasped her coat in an instant, letting his fear get the best of him. Lee shut his eyes and if possible the woman could almost see him sinking into the wall. The man had broken out into a cold sweat and she could tell her was on the verge of collapsing from the exhaustion and panic welling up inside him.

The both of them drew in a harsh breath the second the beast's forearm thudded on the floor beside them. A guttural growl emanated from its partially decomposed throat as it stopped in its tracks. It seemed that it hadn't noticed the shivering duo pressed up against the wall. The woman moved her hand subtly to grab hold of Lee's tremoring fingers as the movement was significantly strong, posing the threat of being spotted. The beast swayed for a moment beside them, sniffing at the air before moving forward, headed in the direction of it's enclosure. As it finally turned a corner, Lee let out a shaky breath, collapsing to the floor as his knees gave way. The woman crouched to his eye level, wrapping her fingers around his collar to stabilize his uncontrollable shivering.

Would they ever escape this hell?...

Kim Yera's P.O.V

Hands roamed the length of Yera's arms, shaking her awake. For once Yera felt heavy, as if though the gravity bearing down on her had suddenly been amplified. Her body felt lifeless, craving a jolt of electricity to jumpstart and rid her of the paralyzed curse possessing her.

A voice tore its way through the blur of it all.

"Yera!" the voice sounded all too familiar. Seconds later, as if her name being cried out was a wake-up call, two slits of blinding light penetrated the darkness that surrounded her. Yera's head throbbed at the sudden intrusion as the tears widened. She almost groaned wishing she could keep her eyes closed a little longer. This was the first time she'd had any rest since they left home and she felt her body aching for a few more seconds of blissful sleep. However, the voice howling in the background seemed to have different plans. Yera finally cracked her eyes open but nothing she saw next made any sense.

A face appeared above her, drawing her attention to its severely blurred features. The thought of someone smudging the face's features into this swirl of neutral colours was funny but unfortunately, Yera was in no position to laugh. Her brows furrowed,  she tried to blink the fuzz-like film coating her eyes away.

Seokjin

Yera finally recognized the distressed voice as he continued to shake her limp body awake. It felt so surreal how Seokjin would always manage to catch Yera at her worst and still be able to pull her out of that void. Yera's mind ran back to the horror episode in the warehouse, where all hope went to die, how Seokjin lugged her around even though she'd been dead weight. At least, that was what Yera thought herself to be, but it seemed like Seokjin definitely saw something in her that she couldn't see within, ironically. Though she never mentioned it again she planned on returning the kind gesture one day, she only had her inability to coordinate with her feelings to blame.