5/ Captain America

.

.

.
It's been few days since the incident. Dr. Erskine is dead and they don't have more serum, so they had to get some from Steve's blood. Evelyn feel sorry for Dr. Erskine. He deserved more. Stark was trying to find out where the submarine came from or to whom it belong and Phillips said it belong to Hydra. Evelyn don't really know what Hydra is but she heard about it from somewhere.  

"I don't know if I can do this." Steve muttered when Evelyn handed him his Captain America mask. Phillips disagreed Steve to be in army because he said he's just an experiment, so one man offered Steve to serve the country, but the man meant it different way. And now Steve is stuck in some show. Evelyn being his best friend stayed with him all the time and is helping him to handle it. 

"Well, you agreed to this even if you thought it would be something different. Now you are stuck here in some wierd costume and to that with A MASK that look horrible on you. And me being your sweet best friend didn't want you to be alone so she decided to stay with you and now she's stuck here with YOU. Now you are the hero of America. Captain America. Wierd nickname, but whatever." Rambled Evelyn, backing away a little to look at him whole. In the costume he looks wierd. And to add he has a mask and shield. Now he seems like clown to her than a soldier. And Steve feel like that. 

"You're not helping." Steve glared at her but she just gave him sweet smile and stuck out her tongue. "Are you sure you don't wanna go up on the stage and dance with other women?" He teased.

Evelyn rolled her eyed at his stupid, playful idea. "Nope, I'm good."

"It's not how I expected it to be." He sighed, trying to calm down. He is going on the stage in front of many people so Evelyn is not surprised that he is nervous. She would be too. 

"Yeah. Yeah. Me too." She roll her eyes, arms crossed. "Now get that ugly mask on yourself. You have a show that is waiting for you. Let's go! Vamos! Vamos!" She clapped her hands to hurry him up, but instead he only looked at her confused. "What?"

"What does 'Vamos' mean?" Steve remember she told them once but he forgot. Evelyn rubbed her forehead tiredly.

"I think I said it at least three times. How did you forgot? Ugh. It means 'Lets go' and so go! Go!" She hand him his shield before pushing him and so Steve walked on the stage, Evelyn watching him from behind the curtains all the time. She can't believe where they got him. 

When the song ended, there's a photoshot with Captain America. Evelyn watched from aside, waiting till it ends. She took into her fingers her golden locket with dark blue gem in it and open it, seeing a photo of Bucky and herself kissing. He gave it to her on their first date and she never put it down. She miss him and all the moments they spent together. She closed it and hid it under her shirt. Not paying attention, someone grabbed her wrist and pulled her to Steve for photo, taking her off guard.

"Smile, please!" Steve put a hand around her shoulders, smiling on the camera. Still in shock, Evelyn awkwardly smiled and the photographer took a picture, giving them two photos to each one. She look at it, her finger belly running over the picture before she look up at Steve and playfuly hit him on the arm. 

"I'm gonna get you later for this." And with that she again walked aside to wait. Steve only shook his head at her with small hidden smile. Then there's filming soldiers with Captain America walking like they are going to fight. And like this it went for almost a month, till they came to camp where they aceepted them before.

Steve was on the stage in front of soldiers that are looking at him in the way to make him nervous and look stupid. And Steve feel like that. They yelled at him to bring the girls back and one of them even showed him his naked ass. Evelyn had enough of this and walked on the stage, three shoots in the air to get their attention.

"If-" She point at all of them with her gun. "-any of you will do anything like that again, I will not hesitate to shoot him right in the face." She looked at them all with serious look, but they looked like they don't believe her. "I'm serious." 

"Hey, girl! Where're your dress?"

"Aren't you a little young to wear an uniform?" Two of the soldiers yelled at her and others laughed, some of them whistled. It made her angry she just wanted to rip that soldier's head off. She shoot on the ground between the soldier's legs and everyone looked at that place in shock, not noticing Evelyn vampire speed to that soldier who's looking at the place between his legs. They again looked at the stage to look at Evelyn but she's now standing in front the soldier, gripping the collar of his shirt and pointing at his forehead with her gun. 

"I said I. Will. Not. Hesitate. To. Shoot. You. In. The. Head." She hissed, gritting her teeth. She's angry so much she just wants to suck his blood till his head is ripped off. She don't care she's between 100 soldiers, she just want him to pay. No one's gonna mess with HER best friend. The soldier is looking at her and the gun pointed at his forehead in fear. Such a small girl and she can scare soldier to his death. 

She didn't notice Steve to walk behind her. He grabbed her and drag her back on the stage and to hide behind curtains, covering themself from the food soldiers are throwing at them. Before they hid, Evelyn shot in the air like warning. The girls walked on the stage and began dancing, keeping soldiers calm. When they were in safe zone, Steve let her go and took off his mask. 

"You lost your mind?! They could saw you were on one place and then on another one. You would be suspicious and it wouldn't last long until they find out. You have to be careful where you are showing yourself." Steve is mad at her she put herself in danger but is glad she stood for him. Crazier friend he couldn't have. Evelyn look mad too but not at Steve, but at those soldiers and has crossed arms. She look up at him like she can't believe her ears.

"Excuse me?! I stood up for you and this is how you thank me? Well, thank you very much!" She pout, crossing her arms on her chest and looking away, not wanting to see him. She can't believe her ears. She stood up for him, warned the soldiers and protected him and he thanked her like that? 

"No! I'm glad you stood up for me and I thank you for that, but you put yourself in danger and I don't want to lose my best friend. It would break me, not talking about Bucky. He would hurt himself if they do something to you." She just looked at him, getting what he said. He's right. She risked her life but she can't help it. Anger took control over her body. But she's still mad at him, so she let her arms hang along her body and sigh.

"Whatever." And with that she began to walk away, Steve watching her. But she did not go far because it started raining, soaking her black wavy hair. She sigh in annoyance.

"You gotta be kidding me."