9/ Explanation

.

.

.
It has been a day since Evelyn came back and it was again turning night. Bucky never left her side and now there is Steve too. Both of them sat on each her side while holding her hand. They don't know if something's wrong with her but she doesn't have any injuries so they know she's only exhausted from that all.

Peggy came into the room, walking to them to check if Evelyn is up but when she saw her closed eyes, she sighed. Even though Peggy know Evelyn is just sleeping, she's worried for her. They don't know if something happened back there or not.

"She's still not up." Peggy stated to herself but Steve still answered her.

"Yeah. But I believe she'll wake up soon. She's a strong one." Steve said, glancing at Peggy then back at Evelyn.

"She probably went through hell back there." Bucky stated after some time of silence and Steve with Peggy could only agree with him by nodding their heads, thinking the same. 

Peggy sighed again. "Let me know when she wakes up." She turned and was about to walk out but a quiet voice from behind her made her stop.

"Ugh. I'm never jumping from a building again until I can fly." Peggy turned around to Evelyn, who has half opened eyes. Evelyn looked at Bucky who is looking at her with big grin and happy tears in eyes that he's trying to hold in, then she turned her head to look at Steve. "When I say get outta there then you GET outta there, idiots." 

Steve smiled at her as she was brought into group hug by Steve and Bucky. They both held tears in eyes, glad to see Evelyn up and still with her annoying humor. When they pulled away, Bucky held her face in his hands, looking her right in the eyes then putting their foreheads together, closing their eyes.

"I'm so glad you're okay, you punk." Bucky breath out, never stopping smiling and then kissing her all over her face, making her giggle as it tickled her. He's so happy to see her alright but isn't twice times happy that she risked her life like that.

When they pulled away, Bucky gave her stern look. "But you aren't avoiding a serious lesson about risking your life and making people think you're dead." Not fighting her positive emotions, Evelyn chuckled with smile.

"Oh, please, you can't get rid of me that easily. It would be boring here without me." Evelyn smirked then looked at Peggy, who has crossed arms and glaring at her lying form on the bed.

"I told you there's no need to worry, that we'll make it back." Evelyn teased with smirk, knowing Peggy is annoyed.

"Yeah, you did. But almost didn't." Peggy snapped at her. There was a minute of uncomfortable silence as Evelyn was still smiling innocently, before Peggy rolled her eyes with sigh. "You're crazy." And with that she quickly walked to Evelyn, bringing her into crushing hug.

Peggy is happier than ever before. Her very close friend is alive but there is still a question how she escaped when Steve said she ran off and they couldn't find her then, so Peggy pulled away and sat at the edge of her bed. "But how did you get away from there. Steve said you ran off but they couldn't find you when they were searching for you." 

Now everyone's eyes are on Evelyn as she went into her thoughts to remember what happened. When she remembered, she began to smirk. She's such a smart vampire. "Well, when Bucky was on the other side, I started to look for another way to escape." 

Flashback

Back in basement, Bucky was on the other side while Steve and Evelyn are stuck on other side. Evelyn started to look for another way to escape as she know she can't jump that giant space between them and if she jumped with Steve holding her, they would fall. And she noticed windows high above them. That is her way out. Steve turned to her.