29/ The beginning of new life

.

.

.
Slowly opening her eyes, Evelyn woke up in soft bed as sheets are pulled up to her chin. Rubbing her sleepy eyes, she leaned on her elbows and took a look around the room she is in.

She don't recognize this room, but she thinks she saw it at least once. Turning her head to her right, she spotted her best friend sleeping on a chair beside the bed, his hand lying on the bed so he must've held her hand while she was unconscious.

Beside Steve on bedside table laid a bag of blood, probably for her. Grabbing it, she slowly drank from it while she tried to remember what happened. And then that one person went through her head. She heard like something fell outside the room and she thought it's Bucky.

"Bucky?" Pushing the sheets off her, she ran towards door and out, not noticing she woke Steve up, who then tried to tell her something.

"Bucky!" She ran into kitchen, smiling happily she will finally be able to hug her human love but it quickly turned into frown when she spotted Sam picking up tomatoes instead of Bucky.

"Sam?" She spoke confused, wondering where Bucky is as Sam looked surprised at her, standing up. Meanwhile Steve caught up to her, her back towards him. She slowly turn around to face him, the look on her face like she just kicked a puppy.

"Where's Bucky?" Steve didn't answer, just lower his head to avoid eye contact.

"What happened to him, Steve?" He heard her voice breaking and knew she won't stop asking till he tell her. So by lifting his head up to look down at her, he answered.

"He left."

____Few days later____

Standing before Nick Fury's 'grave' with Steve and Sam is what Evelyn is doing right now. As Fury is predicted dead and everyone but some people believe it, they made him a grave.

"So, you've experienced this sort of thing before." Fury in different clothes and with sunglasses on walked up to them, looking down at his 'grave'.

"You get used to it." Steve said, making Evelyn slightly nod in agreement. Well, she died like 2-3 times?

"We've been data mining Hydra's files. Looks like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship. I'm headed to Europe tonight. Wanted to ask if you two would come." Nick looked at both Steve and Evelyn, surprising her. She thought they would like lock her or something. She's still a person who likes to kill people to feed herself.

"I've traveled the whole world because of running from Hydra. And I think I would use a break. And still, we have a work to do. At least I have." Evelyn spoke after an hour of not speaking, looking down at her feet while kicking a rock.

She's not in the mood to speak or talk to anyone. Her thoughts leads just to one person. She wanna find him and she swear she will, whatever it takes. Fury nodded, checking both best friends then turned to Sam.

"How about you, Wilson? Could use a man with your abilities." Sam looked at both Captain and the vampire, knowing exactly the answer. He would follow Captain everywhere, and it showed Eve isn't that bad as he thought and would like to get to know her better.

"I'm more of a soldier than a spy." Is Sam's answer, making Evelyn smile a little, glad he rather stick with the two of them, or at least with Steve. Fury again nodded, turning his gaze to his 'grave'.

"All right, then." Fury then shook Sam's hand, then Steve's and then Evy's, feeling the hard metal under her skin. "Anybody asks for me, tell them they can find me, right there." He gesture towards his 'grave'. Evelyn wonder if she have any of her own as people think she's dead.

"Good luck with finding your boyfriend, Salvatore." Was last thing Fury said before he left.

"You should be honoured. That's about as close as he gets to saying thank you." A familiar voice of red headed Agent spoke from their right, bringing their attention to Natasha approaching them as Steve took steps towards her.

"Not going with him?" Steve asked, Natasha smiling mischievously.

"No." Natasha answered, again answering with no to Steve's another question of "Not staying here." "I blew all my covers. I got to figure out a new one." She explained.

"That might take a while." Steve pointed out.

"I'm counting on it." Natasha nodded, then walked around him towards the black haired girl deep in thoughts but when she spotted Natasha approaching her, she snapped out of it and turned to face her.

"I wanted to thank you, for, you know, that you healed me, with your blood." Natasha tried to thank her somehow, but it's a little bit awkvard. Like, no one is healed by someone's else blood every day.

"Yeah, anything for a friend." Evelyn nodded slightly, her arms crossed on her chest.

"Yeah, friend, I like it. And that thing you two asked for," Natasha handed Evy two folders. "I called in a few favours from Kiev." Steve walked to them and looked at it over Evy's shoulder. Evelyn ran her fingers over the first one, that one about Bucky alias Winter Soldier. She looked at the second one, that one about her alias Dead Beast.

"Will you two do me a favour? You call that nurse." Natasha pointed at Steve, making Evelyn look up at her best friend with confused and 'we will talk about this later' look. She's still in the days when Steve is in love with Peggy from head to toes.

"She's not a nurse. What was her name again?" Steve smiled a little, his cheeks a little bit red.

"Sharon. She's nice." Natasha said.

"If she's blonde, over my dead body." Evelyn muttered, but Steve heard her and smiled a little. (I have nothing against blonde people!) He missed her overprotective side. That time back in 40s' it was getting annoying as she sometimes treated him like a kid, but now he's glad she still have some of her old personality.

"And you," Natasha then turned to Evelyn, giving her smirk. "join Avengers. We could use someone skilled and crazy as you are." Evelyn scratched the back of her head, not sure how to answer. Does they know she's or was the Dead Beast? How would others react?

"I don't know. Unless they don't mind to have ex killing weapon of Hydra, I don't see why not. Just count with the fact that I still need blood for myself." Shrugging her shoulders, Evelyn sent Natasha small smile.

Natasha responded "Then see you again." then turned and began to walk away but stopped and turned back to them.

"Be careful, Steve, Evy. You might not want to pull on that thread." And then she again turn and left.

Evelyn lowered her head to the folder, swallowing dry before she opened the first one, Bucky's one. There showed them a picture of frozen Bucky and under it small photo of him when he was in army, smiling.

Closing it and opening the second one, Evy's one, there showed the same photo but her frozen and under it her in army as an Agent. Sam walked beside them.

"You two are going after him." Sam said, avoiding to look at the photo of frozen Evy. She remember the times they put her into freezer and took her out.

"You don't have to come with us." Steve said, not taking his eyes from Evy's photo.

"I know. When do we start."

Okay guys, this is end of first book. The second book is out so go read it. See you next time. Bye!