A Chance Encounter

I walked through the aisles of endless men's clothing, trying to find something suitable for my brother to wear. His birthday was coming up and I wanted to get him something nice. He already had a bunch of clothes, however, so I moved on to a video game store. My brother, Kaito, loved video games, and he was always trying to buy the latest one. "Excuse me," I waved down an employee, "what's the newest video game that's out right now? I'm trying to find something my brother would like."

"Oh, that would be-" BOOM! An earth-rattling explosion caused me to fall to the floor, as well as everyone else in the store. Without moving my body, I lifted my head to see that a villain was holding various bombs in his hands. Bombs were also strapped to his back and to the front of his body. I almost laughed at how ridiculous he looked with a bomb for a head. It wasn't a regular bomb either, it was like one of those bombs you see in a video game.

He suddenly maniacally laughed and set off one of his explosives, causing all of the windows to shatter. I covered my head with my arms and hands, hissing in pain when the glass cut them. Okay, forget how funny he looked, this was a dangerous situation that I needed to get out of! I quickly crawled through the aisles and towards the exit, trying to ignore the lifeless eyes of a couple of people I passed. With the exit in my sights, I almost cheered for joy, until something wrapped around my throat in a chokehold. I froze and grabbed whatever it was that was holding me hostage.

"Where do you think you're going, little lady?" the villain hissed in my ear. Despite the situation, I bit my tongue to keep from laughing. His bomb head had cartoonish eyes and no mouth. No wonder he chose to be a villain, he was probably bullied for his looks.

"Let me go, I didn't do anything to you!"

"Oh, but you were trying to get away, and I never leave my victims alive," he sneered. I began to panic and tried to struggle, but he just tightened his hold on me and led me to the entrance of the store. The police prepared to shoot, but as soon as they saw me, they slowly stood down. "That's right! If you shoot, I'll blow her to bits!" he laughed again. In a rush, he quickly sprinted away from the crime scene, with me in his clutches. He used his quirk to propel himself into the air, jumping from building to building.

Out of everyone in Japan, he chose me to capture. Why me? I'm a good person. I never broke the law once. Maybe he chose me because I was born quirkless. There was no way he knew that, though. Maybe the universe just decided to pick on me today. "Let me go!" I shouted, even though I knew he wouldn't do what I demanded.

"Shut up! If you keep talking, I'll blow your head off!" Suddenly, he jerked to a stop, dropping me in the process. Unfortunately, I fell over the side of a building. Well, this is it. I was going to die by the hand of an unthreatening villain. I suppose there were worse ways to go, but this is not how I imagined it playing out. A scream ripped out of my throat, which undoubtedly got the attention of some passers-by. I closed my eyes as the ground rushed towards me, but before I hit the ground, something wrapped around my waist, pulling me up at the last second. An arm pulled me into a body, and I decided to take a look at my savior. It was none other than Eraserhead. Relief spread throughout my body, and I began to tear up.

"Are you okay, miss?" he looked down at me as he set me on the ground. I looked around at the various police cars and ambulances. I saw a few people with more serious injuries than me being led away to the hospital. Everything suddenly hit me at once. I had almost died. I survived a near death experience. I choked on a sob and clung to the hero's chest. In any other situation, it would be embarrassing, but he had just saved my life. I had to thank him somehow.

"T-thank you so much," I managed to squeak out.

"You're welcome," he awkwardly patted me on the back. I pulled away and tried to keep the tears at bay, but to no avail. With no warning, I was rushed into an ambulance by the EMT's. I watched Eraserhead walk over to the police before I was driven away to the hospital. They must've given me anesthesia, because the next thing I knew, I was in a hospital bed with my family beside me.