Healing

I choked on my water as laughter tried to escape me. Shota put a hand on my back, smiling in amusement. Hizashi and Nemuri also erupted into a fit of giggles at my struggle. We got a few stares from people in the restaurant, but at that moment I didn't care. It had been a while since I got to hang out with my friends. After I finished laughing, I wiped my mouth with a napkin, my whole face red from the exertion. "Hiz, you're gonna kill me one day, I swear," I panted.

"What can I say? I'm a master at making someone laugh," he puffed out his chest proudly.

"I missed this, girl!" Nemuri nudged me with her arm. "It reminds me of the first time we met. You were so shy, and now look at you."

"I missed you guys, too. It's been too long," I leaned into Shota a bit.

"Yeah, but you've been a little distracted," Hizashi smirked as he glanced between Shota and me. I blushed, but looked up at my boyfriend fondly, intertwining my fingers with mine.

"Speaking of that, I saw that post," Nemuri frowned. "You guys okay?"

"It's annoying, but it was bound to happen soon enough," Shota groaned. "We talked it over already, and we both feel the same way."

"Yep, and I'm learning to just avoid any nasty comments thrown my way," I grinned.

"I actually almost said something on Instagram so that they would leave her alone, but she convinced me not to," he glanced down at me.

"Yeah, that's a good idea. If it gets out of hand, though, that's when I would step in," Hiz suggested.

"I'll keep an eye out, too!" Nemuri furrowed her brow. "I wouldn't want my best girlfriend to get all worked up because of what some idiots say," she smiled at me.

"Thanks, guys, you're the best," I grinned. "Anyway, let's talk about something else. Shota told me there's some sort of training camp coming up?"

"Yeah, I'm a little surprised you're actually doing it, Sho. Isn't it a little dangerous after the USJ thing and the Hero Killer attack?" Hiz raised a brow.

"The principal wants to show the world we're the toughest school by continuing with the camp. For once I actually agree with him," he explained. "I would argue that UA is the safest place for the kids to be right now. They'll have a bunch of pro heroes with them, too, so I'm not too worried."

"Isn't it summer now, though? I'm surprised you're doing this camp thing when they're supposed to be out of school," I wondered.

"I wanna push my students to be their best and besides, this is a traditional thing. Hero school is very different from a regular high school," my boyfriend explained patiently.

"It certainly sounds exciting," I said as I took a sip of my drink.

"Two weeks, though," Nemuri scoffed, "that's quite a long time in my opinion." I almost choked on my water again at her words. Shota would be gone for two weeks? I wouldn't get to see him for two whole weeks?!

"I won't get to see you for that long?" I frowned. Shota's face softened at my sorrowful look, pulling me closer at the sight. He leaned closer to whisper to me so that the others wouldn't hear.

"We can talk about it after our lunch," he said into my hair. I gave him a little nod, focusing on our time with our friends.

"That's right, I guess you two will be apart for a while," Hiz hummed. "You'll have to make the most of the time you have now, huh?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, earning a laugh from Nemuri.