Smoothing Things Over

Note: Again, not my art. I know I keep saying this, but I don't want anyone to get mad at me or anything. On another note, the person who did this art is amazing!

I realized that getting over someone was hard. I tried everything to get rid of my feelings, but nothing was working. I ignored any texts from Shota, knowing it would make me feel worse. I still went to work and did the paintings Daiki wanted me to do, but I had to admit they weren't my best work. I don't know why I was getting so depressed over a guy, but I couldn't help it. I deeply cared for Shota, and I didn't want to forget him or remove him from my life.

I was scared to confront him, though. Besides, what would I even say? He had already made his feelings clear. I did walk out on him, and I haven't been answering his texts. Was I the bad guy here? I didn't want him to get the wrong message. With a groan I picked up my phone and called Nemuri.

"Hey girl, what's up?"

"Nemuri, I need your help big time," I paused. "It's about Shota."

"Stay right there, I'm coming over," she said before hanging up. Well, she was certainly excited. She kept her promise and soon enough, she was at my door with ice cream and a bottle of wine.

"You didn't have to bring that, you know," I chuckled.

"I know, but I could tell you were hurting," she smiled and tapped her temple. "Hero instincts. Now, tell me what happened." I snuggled on the couch with a blanket and a bowl of ice cream and proceeded to tell her all that transpired. With a little liquid courage, I began to feel more comfortable and emotional around my friend. When I was done crying and ranting to her about my troubles, she took my wine away. "Alright, I'm just gonna be honest with you," she started. "I think you may be overreacting a bit. I understand why you reacted the way you did, but you didn't even let him explain himself. Shota's always had trouble talking about his emotions, and sometimes he doesn't know how to deal with this sort of thing. If I were you, I would invite him over and tell him how you feel."

I sniffed and took in her words. Maybe I had overreacted a little. "You're probably right," I sighed. "I was never good at this stuff either. I've never had a boyfriend, or a first kiss before. My parents barely let me outside because they were so afraid I would be taken by a villain. They thought I was such an easy target because I'm quirkless, so they sheltered me my whole life until I went to college."

"I'm sure your parents meant well, but hiding you away from experiences like dating wasn't a good idea. No wonder you feared the worst when Shota spoke to you!" We both started laughing at how ridiculous all of this was. It was nice having another girl to talk to. I felt like I was some high school girl giggling about boys in a sleepover. It made me a little sad that I was only having this experience now. Oh well, better late than never as they always say.

"Thanks for talking with me, Nem," I smiled. "It's nice to have a girlfriend."

"That's what I'm here for, babes," she gave me a hug. "Say the word and I will be by your side." Nemuri ended up staying for dinner, which I cooked. She kept me company late into the night, but eventually had to leave. She had an early morning patrol. "You know, I think Shota has a day off tomorrow," she smirked.

"I'll think about it, Nem, but no promises." When she left, I almost texted Shota right then and there. If he truly had a day off tomorrow, would I have the courage to invite him over? I then realized that I also had a day off. I didn't have to come into Daiki's shop or start on any new projects. It was the perfect time to just suck it up and apologize to him, no matter what he or I felt. With that decision made, I managed to sleep peacefully.