I Love You

When I woke up, Shota was still asleep. His arms were wrapped around my waist, and he was using my stomach as a pillow. I smiled fondly at the sleeping hero. From the looks of it, he really needed the rest. Carefully stretching my arm to grab my phone, I frowned as I realized it was 8:00 p.m. No matter if he needed sleep or not, Shota would want to eat once he woke up. The only problem was, he was threatening to squeeze me to death at the moment and I didn't want to wake him up.

Delicately, I pulled his arm from my waist so that I could wiggle out from under him. I cringed when he began to stir, so I hurriedly replaced my body with a pillow. I watched him snuggle into it before I quietly snuck out of his room. I padded my way over to the fridge, perusing the items he had in it before checking the cupboards. At this hour, it would be better if he ate something light, so I decided to make Tamago Kake Gohan. It was quick and simple, but also contained enough protein to keep him satisfied.

I put my hair up in a ponytail before getting to work. Luckily, Shota had some leftover rice from whatever he had decided to cook one day. All I needed to do was heat it back up on the stove while also cooking the eggs. Soon, the apartment was smelling of fried egg, causing my stomach to rumble. As I was scooping the rice into two bowls, I heard a shuffling behind me. I turned around to smile at my boyfriend, who was stretching his arms above his head.

"I thought I smelled something good in here," he said around a yawn. I put down the spatula I was holding so that I could give him a hug.

"Good morning, or should I say good evening," I chuckled and kissed his chin.

"You were right, I needed that nap," he wrapped his arms around me and rested his head atop mine.

"Well, now you need food. Sit down while I get this ready," I pecked him on the lips before ushering him to the table. I grabbed some utensils and napkins, moving to set a bowl in front of Shota before sitting myself down. I immediately began to eat, silently congratulating myself on how good the meal tasted. I was about to ask how his nap was, but stopped when I saw him barely picking at his meal. "What's wrong, is the egg not made right?"

"Hmm? Oh, no it's fine," he snapped out of his trance and began eating, smiling a bit as he took his first bites. However, something seemed off about him.

"Shota," I covered my hand with his. "If something were wrong, you would tell me right?"

"Of course! I wouldn't intentionally keep anything from you, I promise." I flashed him a small smile at his words, but I wasn't convinced. He could be catching a cold, especially with how hard he's been working lately, but that didn't seem right. I stared at him a bit longer before returning my attention to my food once again. Once we had both finished our meal, I gathered our bowls so that I could rinse them off. However, Shota stopped me by gently grabbing my hand. "Let me," he smiled before heading to the kitchen.

I sat down on the couch, patiently waiting for him to finish. "Do you wanna watch a movie or something, or would you rather go to sleep again?" I turned my head to look at him, but frowned when I saw him staring at the goggles that were a part of his hero costume, which were hanging on the coat rack. He looked incredibly sad. My stomach tied itself into a knot at the sight. "Shota, hun, what's wrong?"

"Did Hizashi ever tell you of a boy named Shirakumo?"

"Here, why don't you sit down?" I pulled him gently by the arm so that he was sitting next to me on the couch. "He never mentioned anyone named Shirakumo, but he did say something about an accident."

"Shirakumo Oboro was one of my best friends in high school along with Hizashi. We formed a trio and promised each other to create an agency that we three would run one day," he chuckled at the memory. I squeezed his hand, a silent signal for him to continue. "Oboro was always smiling, even in a bad situation, and he was always looking out for people. He once took in a small kitten that was left on the streets. He was just the type of person everyone wanted to be around, and I admired that about him."