Chapter 1 [Back story Pt.1]

'I guess it's here' I think to myself walking towards the building that read "Doun ai high school..." I turn my head to see who it was.

Sian... "Hello f/n!" She smiled at me. She seems to be well. I didn't expect her to continue going to school after what happened to her in middle school. She cut her hair too... "I like it." I say tugging on a small piece. "Really? I don't look like a girl anymore right?" She says quiet enough for me to hear. "..." Oh Noona. "No." I say ruffling her hair. "You totally look like a dude right now." I grin at her and see the relief slowly spread across her face. "Let's go then we don't want to be late!" She pulls me along with her to go inside. "I don't really care tho..." I say not really wanting to go in.

Seeing Noona so excited for school feels refreshing. 'I'm glad.'

I met Sian back when summer break started...

That day I was dragged along with a group of annoying pests, who could also be called friends, to celebrate our last day of middle school. "Sooo y/n are you finally dropping out now that we're going to high school?" My friend who's hair was dyed green and black asks. "I'll starve." I said remembering how my sister threatened to cut off my allowance if I didn't go to school, after I told her I was fine with it she promised to double the money and I agreed. "Ah right your sister's kinda scary she'll probably lock you up or something." I take a sip of cranberry juice while sweating at the fact that I did it for money. We all goofed off that day knowing it would be the last time we would go to the same school. "Auuuh you guysss i'll mish youu!" The ginger haired friend cried out loudly while squeezing us to death. As soon as my soul started floating out of my mouth his brother dragged him away "You idiot mom's so pissed you went out without permission you are so dead." He yells while dragging him away by the hair.

'I guess I should going too.' The rest of them leave as I waved back. 'I'll just go to the park again' 

"Hic..." Crying? "See I told you to not talk to him! This is all because you didn't listen to me!" None of my business. I start walking away. Wait... Hold on. I look to see who it was. "Auntie?!" I shout shook to the core. What the hell was she doing here I thought she was ill, and who's that kid. "Huh..?" She says towering over my slouched figure. "Y/n? Shouldn't a young girl like you be safe at home?" Safe at home? You're the only one who thinks that way. I clench my teeth.  "Auntie who's that?" I ask pointing the girl next to her. Her pale blue hair was the same as aunties. She also had circles under her eyes and tears falling down her face while holding my aunts arm tightly. "This is my daughter." She says blankly. Daughter? Oh right 'safe at home'. I knew I had a cousin the same age as me but she's never showed up to family events with my aunt. Also... Aunties really infamous in the family everyone says she's crazy behind her back.

"Hello." I say leaning in to see her face more up close. She flinches causing me to back away also surprised. I slowly turn my head to look up to my aunt who was staring at me with those gloomy eyes of hers. "You were hanging out with boys weren't you?" I look at her confused. "I saw you y/n. You were hanging out with only boys." She repeats as her face slowly changes to rage. "Don't you know what's going to happen?! THE SAME THING WILL HAPPEN TO YOU TOO!" She shouts so suddenly making me want to cover my ears. I didn't know what the hell she was talking about until I saw she was holding the girl so tightly her nails were digging in. "What happened to her?" I ask not wanting to be nosy but I felt a dark feeling creeping around which made me curious. "Sian decided to play with a boy and he kidnapped her! I told her men were dangerous but she wouldn't listen to me!!" My aunt shouted out. Yup she's definitely crazy. I couldn't help covering my ears in front of her. "I see." I say tired of her shouting. So her name's Sian. The only cousin who was around my age that i'd never gotten to play with. She was right in front of me. 

"Well you should go home y/n we are also leaving." She says rudely pushing me roughly aside and walking away. Bitch. I stick up my epic fingers at her and saw that the girl was looking at me. I quickly hide them behind my back and look away. Ah right the park...

"Why did you follow us." My aunt asks staring at me while unlocking her door. "Auntie let me stay with you!" "No." She says quickly pushing Sian inside the house. Flat out rejected. "Why not." "Does your mother not tell you to go home?" "No auntie we're the same everyone in the family hates me." I say a bit too honestly. She looked at me squinting her eyes. "No I don't want you around Sian. LEAVE." Jeez. "But i'm a girl..." "Weren't your friends all male? Go home!" Is she trying to hold a conversation or kicking me out? I look at her judging her bipolar responses. I'm not backing down that easily though. It has to be auntie she's the only one who doesn't care enough to have expectations of me. "Men are all monsters I can't let my Sian be influenced!" Ah she's really crazy should I maybe rethink this... I think about how earlier I almost got crushed to death by my crying friend. "Auntie you're right!" I exclaim. "So lea- ...I-I am?" She says shocked by my words. "Isn't it better if cousin has a girl to play with i'll make sure she realizes that men are all bastards!" I say fired up. The crazy woman looks at me like i'm the one that's crazy. "Your family at home-" "Don't have one." I say proudly. She looks at me annoyed. "No." She walks in and slams the door behind her.

Ah. I lift a hand already too late to stop her. Absolute fail.

I sit down next to the door. Family? Do I really need something so annoying?  I feel myself falling asleep.

I wake up to the sound of a door opening. "Come in." I hear a tired voice, It was my aunt. Looking up at her face I can the dark circles showing she hasn't slept. I walk inside to see a mess. Everything was on the floor even the table was flipped over. "Did you sneak an elephant in here?" I ask my aunt who looked flabbergasted. Has she never heard of a joke. I turn my head noting to never open my mouth without thinking. Sian was laying on a thin floor mattress. "She thrashed around all night screaming." My aunt says. "The neighbors knocked on the walls instead of the door." Maybe cause I was blocking it... "How did you sleep through that but woke up to the door opening?" I did fall into a deep sleep occasionally but. I look at the cracked open table. I didn't think it was that bad... 

"You said she should play with a girl right?" My aunts eye twitched as she spoke. "It seems like even I can't control her... If you're going to stay here make yourself useful." She says sternly looking at me. What- Did she just... "Yes!" I say shocked. She really must've given up on options.

Sian slowly opened her eyes. "Hi." I say looking at her upside down. "E-EEK!" She shrieks punching me in the throat. "Guah!" I chock falling down while holding my neck. "Sian this is your cousin from yesterday she's going to be staying here now." Auntie says putting down a plate. So she's only nice when it's not about men. I reach for a bite. "Not you." She says slapping my hand. "Ouch!" She puts a can of dog food in front of her face. "I accidentally bought this instead of peas so I guess you got lucky." She says. I look down at the can. "Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME!" I yell backing away from the can. Sian flinches in surprise. I look at my aunt angrily and the corner of her mouth barely but slightly twitched. "Here." She says giving me an omelette too. "..."  Did she just try to make a joke? I look at her suspiciously. Sooo susss.... I stare daggers at her back. Cough. I hear the girl next to me coughing. "Hello cousin I'm y/n." I say to her. Ah I hope she doesn't hate me because talk weird. "Uh...Mn." She nods. Her voice sounded hoarse she must've lost it.

[Chapter one fin]