Chapter 18

"Y/n." A cold voice calls out to me. I turn to see Yul standing at the door with his arms crossed. "Don't go there." He says in a firm voice. Hm? "And why not?" I ask him turning on my heel. "What do you know?" I walk towards him and he grins. "The person in the office is my sister." I pause in my steps. "Your sister?" "Yeah so don't go there." He says. I don't follow.

"You have a sister who's pretending to be Chae Yuri?"

"Not pretending. She is Chae Yuri, and i'm Chae Yul." He emphasizes his name.

So he stole his sister's identity. Yul is the imposter... right he always was. "I know you're Chae Yul. So you stole your sisters name haha."

"That's the thing." He unfolds his arms stepping away from the door, walking towards me. "How do you know my real name?" What? How do I know his real name? Well that's obviously because... right. He wasn't the one who told me his name yet I was using it without a thought.

"Um... so you see Sian told me about you a long time ago." I say stepping back from his approaching figure. "Sian..? Sh-she talked about me?" "No she mentioned you once and looked like she was gonna throw up after saying your name." I say immediately. His face shows hurt but he quickly changes expressions. "There's no way she showed you a picture though... if she hates me that much. How did you find out it was me?" I was being confronted about something I didn't expect him to follow along with. I thought he was the type that just got forced to go with the flow... guess I was wrong. He's smarter than I thought. "I played connect the dots." I answer him. "Hah." He laughs bitterly. His expression quickly changes revealing emotions I didn't expect to see him reacting with; Pain, regret, distress. "What's with the face?" I ask. He stares at me then chuckles. "I'm regretting not killing you when I could have. I feel like i've played right into your hands."

He's right. I succeeded in keeping him away from Sian but... I didn't expect it to actually happen. Right now he's willingly staying with me, but only since he hasn't seen Sian since that painful reality check. I smile at him. "Sorry. Are you hurt?" I ask him. "No." He replies but he was clearly surprised by that answer. "Well if that answers your question on how I knew your identity i'll be leaving now." I turn back around. Wait... "You said you regret not killing me when you could have. Does that mean you can't kill me anymore?" I ask. "Yes." "Why?" "No comment." I turn my head but the door was already shut. What the... I thought this guy couldn't care less about the police.

...

I knock on Haka's door and see it crack open immediately. A hand pulls my arm inside at the speed of light. I stare at Haka who was scanning the hallway before turning around and closing the door. He sighs in relief. "Why did you come here?" "I was bored." I say. "Why'd you look around the hallway? Are you hiding from someone?" I add. "Not me. You. You should be hiding from Yujin your name seems to anger him." "...Really?" I ask in wonder but feel a smile spread on my face. He really likes Sian huh? "Well my bro-in-law might have a few things against me but I don't really care." "Because of Sian?" Haka asks. "Mm." I shrug.

I was now spinning in Haka's chair as he talked. "Yuri is." "Yul's sister, yeah he told me." "He told you?" "Yep!" "What?!" Haka stands up in shock as he blinks at me. "What?" I ask. "You mean he knows that you know about his identity." "Yeah." I confirm as his eyes go wide. "Did he also tell you about the admission?" He asks before a loud sound interrupts. It was the sound of his phone. "Yujin..." He says looking at it and then at me. I stand up and walk towards the door. "I guess I'll go now." I say and walk out of the door before he could say anything. I feel my expression loosen as soon as soon I am alone. Pretending to smile was pretty difficult. I thought I was okay... Turning my head to the side I look around the hallway before landing my eyes on a pair of legs which were on my right. My eyes travel up the figure and Sian's face appears before my vision. She stands right in front of Yujin's office door and watches me with eyes wide open in surprise. Immediately, I turn the other direction and bolt.